Ever been bumped from a cruise

ctcruisers... what are the details? Are you being bumped off a cruise that your group has paid for? Did they give you details as to why? Are they putting you on another ship????? Do they just not like you guys???? Details??? thx.

Not sure of details

TA called group leader to say ship has been chartered by a group.

We have 50% deposits down.

I am told Carnival will honor that price on any other sailing, but we had a hard time getting everyone togther for that week, so another week may not work

Yep, we were bumped off of a Princess cruise..but they at least consulted with us first. We agreed to let go of our room, but negotiated the best deal possible. We gave up a 7 day cruise in the Caribbean for an 11 day cruise to Alaska, with $500 cruise credit per person. We lucked out...and made out on the deal, real well!

Is this for the 4/17 sailing? I know that one has been chartered, someone posted on here SEVERAL weeks back about that one. Is there another sailing on the same date on another ship maybe? Sorry this happened... I know it does happen, not often, but it does.... I hope it all works out for your group.

Just an FYI....if you have a Carnival brochure, there's a section in the back called, "Things to know before you go." Under the heading, "Advanced or Delayed Sailings" is the following: Reservations are subject to change in the event of a full ship charter. In other words, Carnival can bump you if it is infact a full ship charter. As mentioned on the other thread, I don't think you would want to stay on a ship that is completely booked by a specific group. Talk about feeling like an oddball......I'm sure Carnival will treat you right if you do get bumped.

Happy cruising,

Gayle

Archived