which ships leave from Jacksonville?

ama8122

The Jubilee leaves from Jacksonville. She will be leaving Carnival at the end of the Summer and moving to the P & O Lines. I don't know if any other ship will be taking her place. We're sailing on her in July.

Terri

Back in the spring (actually late Feb.) Carnival launched Miracle from Jacksonville, she is now doing cruises out of New York, ( I think she did a few out of Baltimore also) but she will go to Tampa for her permanent port. Jubilee will get refurbished this fall and will then become a Princess ship. Celebration will go to Jacksonville a few months later after Jubliee but I don't know how long.

We were on Miracle in April and it was GREAT to take a mini cruise on a nice ship-normally Carnival uses her oldest ships for that. We paid more for that 3 day cruise in april then we did for our 7 day cruise on Inspiration last Dec. but it was worth it-it had the best entertainment, shows and chefs on that cruise. I wrote Carnival and suggested they do that again even if it was only for a couple of months each year. As the ship was sold out and we had a hard time getting that 3 day cruise (we wanted to take the 5 day) I hope Carnival relizes it would be profitable for them to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a bit of confusion about which ship was coming to Jacksonville after Jubilee. The older Carnival brochures show the Holiday, the newer ones show the Celebration.

As previously stated, the Holiday will be making Mobile her new home and Jacksonville will welcome the Celebration.

We are booked on the Celebration for Dec.9, 2004. A roll call has been posted for this cruise, however it looks like there will only be two couples going on this sailing....so far. There's plenty of room - come join us!

Karen in Jax

When we sailed the Miracle out of Jacksonville in April our cab driver told us Carnival is building a new Pier, just for Carnival ships, to the left of the bridge. We could see the piece of land as we got to the port.

The bridge caused some probs with Miracle's funnel coming so close to touching the bottom of the bridge as she sailed under. I wonder if they are waiting until the new pier is built to start sending more ships out of Jacksonville?

Just a thought...

The cab driver has it wrong, the port authority is looking at acquiring land further east along the river for a cruise ship terminal. This will eliminate the need for them to go under the Dames Point bridge. It is not a done deal, since they need to rely on emiment domain, there is access issues, and some environmental considerations.

When are you sailing the Celebration out of Jax? My wife, son, and I sail out Oct 23rd. It will be our 5th cruise--but first out of Jax (my son was born there--we lived there for 5 years)

We sailed on the Miracle this past march, nice ship and nice short cruise for first timers. We hear that the Celebration will be the replacement for the ship leaving here. There is also a Celebrity ship sailing out of Jacksonville. We are scheduled for the 1/15 Celebration cruise out of Jacksonville.

There is a new Holiday Inn going in about a half mile from the port buildings along with a fast food place on the same property. Maybe road upgrades also going on. I wouldn't count on the cruise pier being moved to the Sisters Creek area to avoid going under the bridge. Lots of environmental issues, plus it may hamper the use of a public park and boating area for local fishermen.

Jim

Archived