Watching World Cup

conan126

A week and half left and then the Legend here we come:)

Does anybody know if the sports/games are live. Big soccer fan and I would love to watch some of the games (Gemany/Poland) (England/Trinidad) and others.

Does anybody know if the sports/games are live. Big soccer fan and I would love to watch some of the games (Gemany/Poland) (England/Trinidad) and others.

Some on ABC/ESPN are live...others are not. It depends, on large part, where they are played. The ship won't delay the "feed" from the networks

SO does anybody know what is shown in the sports bar?

Have not done the Legend, but the last 2 cruises (on sister ships) the Sports Bar was lame.

I understood Alaska not getting anything, but there were also lots of complaints about the Pride (Mexican Riveria) cruise. I am not a basketball fan, but that was in March...so I don't know if folks were looking for March madness or not.

When we have sailed on other Carnival ships, we have watched everything from the World Cup to Nascar....so I don't know why the Spirit class ships have been such a disappointment.

We were on the Valor in May and the Bronx Sports Bar was pretty bad fo TV sports. They had the major network feeds so Saturday was OK but they didn't have ESPN. But you may be in luck. They did have an ESPN spanish feed that was showing soccer. I'm not sure if they would have the rights to the World Cup though.

Archived