Complicated question

missyal

This question brings up a few issues for me. We are booked in a 6A assigned cabin for the Freedom next summer. Family of 4( 2 teen boys). We decided not to do a balcony or inside/outside to save afew bucks. The 6A are 220sq ft I think, the others 185sq ft. I just found MUCH better pricing for a balcony 8A or 6E family room guarantee. So, do I stick with my 220sq ft 6A midship assigned cabin, or take a guarantee for lower price, smaller room but balcony or family room? Then the issue is transferring the booking and all that is involved with that. Oh what to do?:confused: .

Thanks for helping.

Missyal
P.S. I would have posted this on the cabin selection board but I knew I would get a much better response from my buddies here at the Carnival board.:D

[quote name='missyal']This question brings up a few issues for me. We are booked in a 6A assigned cabin for the Freedom next summer. Family of 4( 2 teen boys). We decided not to do a balcony or inside/outside to save afew bucks. The 6A are 220sq ft I think, the others 185sq ft. I just found MUCH better pricing for a balcony 8A or 6E family room guarantee. So, do I stick with my 220sq ft 6A midship assigned cabin, or take a guarantee for lower price, smaller room but balcony or family room? Then the issue is transferring the booking and all that is involved with that. Oh what to do?:confused: .

Thanks for helping.

Missyal
P.S. I would have posted this on the cabin selection board but I knew I would get a much better response from my buddies here at the Carnival board.:D[/quote]

See about getting a balcony in the rear of the ship, they seem to be larger

Bob

I actually had an aft balcony on hold the first day the cruise bookings were opened up, but I had to let it go. It was more than I wanted to spend at the time. Now I am kicking myself but can't change that. It was just today that I found these great lower prices and the aft cabins are all booked. Thanks for the input.

Missyal

We're booked on the Freedom in April. We had the same dilemma. While we've always had a balcony for the 4 of us (DS 8 & DD 4 next April), I feel the extra interior space is really tempting, especially for a 12 night cruise. In the end, we booked an oceanview. I felt that with the port-intensive itinerary, I am less likely to be up and out on the balcony for early mornings and by the time I get the kids settled at the end of the day, I doubt I'll have the energy or desire to spend more than a few minutes on the balcony at night.

We went on the Miracle this past Feb. I booked excursions that kept us really busy in the ports. We were up and out in the mornings, and I was tired at the end of the day. I don't use the balcony much on sea days, prefering to find a spot on a chaise on deck. The net result was, we really didn't use the balcony much (or at least not as much as we had in the past, when DD was still napping and bedtime was earlier).

I still find myself wrestling with whether we made the right choice...consoling myself that I have some time to switch to a balcony. I just keep coming back to the fact that, with the long port days and the high ratio of port days to sea days, the balcony is going to be kind of a waste...

Sorry, not much help am I?:o

I hope whatever you choose works out!

I&M--You are a help! I needed to hear other people's thoughts and your line of thinking is similar to mine. We don't really need a balcony, especially with this itinerary. I was just struck by the huge price difference( almost $1,000). We've always had balcony cabins, so the OV is a first for us. I guess I should stay with the 6A, but then how do I, or should I, transfer the booking?
Thanks for your help. I wish you were on our sailing!:D

Missyal

Guest YesitDonna
A $1000 dollars would be doing some serious talking for me! I would be switching and saving the $1000 without even blinking an eye.

The size difference is only 35 square feet. I don't know room dimensions but I'm guessing we're talking about 2 feet times the width of the room. I've only cruised twice, with an inside room both times. It was enough room for as little as we used it. But I don't know if we would have spent more time intheroom with a larger room or a balcony.

Here's a tip with four of you using one bathroom. Shower in the spa. The showers are bigger, you don't steam up your room, and you can get fresh towels at the spa and leave the wet ones when you're done. My DD and I always showered there. There was never anyone else using it (there were probably 10 showers).

We had a 6E room on the Triumph with four adults and loved it!! One, because it was close enough to the outside decks that not having a balcony wasn't an issue. Two, the floor to ceiling window was very nice. Three, we were right next to the spa and the girls used the showers everyday. If I couldn't get a balcony I would definately get one of these rooms.

Archived