elbow beach hotel

knots4crewzing

Hi

Does anyone know if you can use the beach at Elbow beach hotel:confused: I remember years ago for about $10 they would let cruise pax on.I thought I read somewhere that you can't but there is a public entrance down aways.

Thanx in advance

we stayed at elbow beach last summer. at the time no one was checking room keys but it was over a weekend when there weren't many ships in port. to the right of elbow beach's private beach is the public beach. i would suggest you start out on the public side and keep walking. if someone turns you back.... stay on the public beach if not..WELCOME TO ONE OF THE NICEST BEACHES YOU'VE EVER SEEN.

We used the public entrance. Elbow Beach Club, beach will be to your left. You can also walk,to the right, the entire length of Elbow. Nice photo shot from small cave toward end, of waves hitting rocks, In my opinion, Elbow Beach is not as nice as most other beaches on the south shore.

Have stayed at Elbow Beach and in the past few years on cruises found that they are very strict about non hotel guests on their private beach. However, when we went to the public area of Elbow Beach we walked over to the private area and had lunch and used the facilites w/o problem. Although Horseshoe Beach is beautiful also, there seem to be more Portugese Man of War problems there than on Elbow Beach. In fact, they post signs at Horseshow warning of Port. Man of War when applicable. All in all, we have found the beach and safety best at Elbow but it's a personal choice. In fact, all the beaches and water we've been to in Bermuda is beautiful! enjoy

You are at the same risk for Portuguese Man-o-wars at any South Shore beach so I wouldn't let that discourage anyone from visiting certain beaches. As a South Shore beach Elbow is certainly nice enough and having the hotel close by makes getting lunch or a taxi a little easier. They can be strict about non-guests using 'their' part of the beach but the only difference is that they have chairs and umbrellas. (In fact I think the public part is better as the private beach has problems with sand getting washed away during storms).

Thanks guys for the info.So you think if I take my teenage daughter there

for lunch they would give me a problem using the beach:confused: I just love it there and the view as your walking down from the Hotel is breathtaking .

Thanx again Knots

Archived