Beds, are they comfortable?

love2vacation

It may work to get you to pay more......but HAL is upgrading to ALL categories. Wouldn't that make some people choose HAL (or maybe even Carnival) to get the nicer mattresses?
We've switched from a Princess to a HAL cruise for next summer (2007) because Princess shortened the itinerary from this year's offering (done only 1x a year) plus they switched from the Sea to the Grand Princess (probably necessitating the removal of the best ports due to the larger ship size -- the whole purpose of the cruise is to go to Spitzbergen). We're thrilled with the HAL itinerary over the Princess itinerary (which goes not only to Spitzbergen but to the Shetland Islands and Scotland as well) -- and the upgraded beds are a nice bonus. Not something I would change a cruiseline for but certainly a nice bennie.

Am I alone here, or do you all find it very sad that the cruise lines spend hundreds of millions of dollars on new ships, but, fleetwide (not just Princess) their passengers are complaining about bad beds???

Why do we have to ask if the beds are comfortable? Shouldn't fabulous beds just be a given? :confused:

No you are not alone, but if they had beds that you would be happy with, others would find them uncomfortable. There is no bed that can satisfy all people.

Tom, you may have something there, but I don't hear a soul complaining about HAL's beds, nor those "Heavenly Beds" in the Starwood hotels chain. Even Carnival has very nice beds. ;)

No you are not alone, but if they had beds that you would be happy with, others would find them uncomfortable. There is no bed that can satisfy all people.

Tom, you may have something there, but I don't hear a soul complaining about HAL's beds, nor those "Heavenly Beds" in the Starwood hotels chain. Even Carnival has very nice beds. ;)

I agree :).

It is so nice to have a great bed to snuggle into after a long, hard day of having fun.:D

And Starwood properties are always on the top of my list when looking to book a hotel.

Archived