Beach cover up

I prefer to wear a dress over shorts --- shorts tend to get that soaking wet seat look, which isn't too attractive! Since I'm now a bit "older" (over 40), I stay away from tee-shirts because I don't find them to be a good look for a grown woman (just my opinion, of course!).

I have a sleeveless floral with ties at the side, a black jersey with 3/4 length sleeves, and a full-length sweatshirt fabric with hoodie (sleeveless). Depending on the weather, I will wear one of these. The black jersey is most forgiving, dries quickly, and doesn't show wrinkles.

I've had the best luck buying coverups at Steinmart ... which are primarily located in the southeast. Their prices are good, and they have lots of resort wear!

I agree--dresses are your best bet! I was planning on telling you that before I even read this thread, and apparently I'm not an innovator! At most casual clothing stores you will find lightweight cotton dresses that slip on and look cute in their own right as well as when they are coverups! I got a great spagetti strap dress at American Eagle that I plan on using as a coverup one port day. Also, if your swimsuit has decent coverage, a cotton skirt that pulls on and off can be a great coverup too, probably moreso for on the ship than in port.

Hi,

We're leaving for Bermuda on Saturday.

What do you girls wear over your bathing suit on the ship and when you

go through town to the beach?

Definitely a sundress that looks like a sundress.

Bermuda is a much more formal place than most other islands and anything too bathing suit-y will be inappropriate.

I use a sun dress for this, usually a Fresh Produce or, I just got the same cover up as Lois (Lands End).

But, I have to take along clean underwear, no way am I going to stay in a wet bathing suit. I'll find a bathroom and change, I take the undies in a ziploc, then can use it to transport the wet bathing suit back to the ship.

Archived