Ready to Book with Moby Dick's Stingray - any recent complaints???

JAKE3337

We saw lots of compliments about Moby Dick's but saw some complaints recently also about using old boats. We are leaving next Tuesday and not quite sure on who to book with right now? Any suggestions?? Do you think we are ok to book through Moby Dick's. I like that you don't have to pay before you arrive so that you don't have to arrange refunds if we miss this port for some reason. Thanks:)

We did not have a good experience and they were very indifferent to our concerns.

But, it seems as if it depends on which boat you are on.

If I remember correctly, their charge was only $5 less a person than the excursion through Carnival.

They are also out in force on the dock as soon as you get to the pier so don't feel as if you have to book in advance.

I was going to book with Moby Dick's but changed my mind and went with Captain Bryans. I think they offer a 2 and a 3 stop tour. We went on 5/29 andhad a great time. There were only 12 of us on the catamaran and the guides were very helpful. It was $35pp for the 2 stop. We were back to the Inspiration at 12 (ships time) and were able to do a little shopping before tendering.

Here is the website ;http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.c...CaptBryans.htm

Have Fun!!!

I'm going early August, and based on everyone's recommendations, went with Captain Bryan for the 2 stop excursion. Looking forward to it, and greatly appreciate all the advice from sage cruisers!:p

We saw lots of compliments about Moby Dick's but saw some complaints recently also about using old boats. We are leaving next Tuesday and not quite sure on who to book with right now? Any suggestions?? Do you think we are ok to book through Moby Dick's. I like that you don't have to pay before you arrive so that you don't have to arrange refunds if we miss this port for some reason. Thanks:)

We were just there last week and had an excellent experience with Moby Dick's...and I'm picky. They also did not charge us for our 3 1/2 year old which was a HUGE savings over booking through the ship ($180 vs. $100). I know it's hard to take into account a ton of opinions because not everyone has the same experience, even with the same operator on subsequent trips. Moby Dick's has 3 boats and we were very pleased with the condition and safety of the one we were on (DH is ex-Navy). Go with the one you get the best 'feeling' about, sticking of course to the ones who are recommended on the boards!:D HAVE FUN!!!

Archived