Spriit Review with baby 5/28-6/3

jw105, thank you for your post and I read your review too! Seems great! We are going to St. Thomas, Tortola and Bermuda. In Bermuda we will probably take the ferry to Hamilton and then the local bus to the beach. We have done this before when in Bermuda and it works well. The baby should be fine for this. My sister was in Tortola and St. Thomas last summer with her kids, who back then were 4 years old and 22 months old and she said the taxis had seatbelts in them in the backseat. So hopefully they still do and we can use the Tote 'n' Go. Mine should be arriving shortly, it already shipped. We will be practicing how to install it several times before our cruise. That way there will be less hassle and it will be much easier on the cruise.

Thanks again,

Bonnie

Hi Melinda- quick question:

When we sailed on the Dawn last year, our balcony room had the little dispenser in the shower for soap and shampoo. Do they have those on the Dawn? Are the products decent? Just trying to decide what toiletries to pack. Also, was it difficult without a bathrub for your daughter? Our DD is 4 and has never has a shower! Thanks, TrexDE = )

They had dispensers with 1. soap 2. shampoo/conditioner...we brought our own shampoo and conditioner just because we are partial to "our brands" so I cant comment on the shampoo but the body soap was fine. I dont stick to one brand at home, so for me the soap was just as fine as something I would use at home. I just brought my facial cleanser and used the ship's soap.

We did bring a bathtub, an inflatable one. It was a great thing to have with us.

We will be bringing Dove soap with us, since our son Philip has sensitive skin and that is the only brand he can use. We also bring our own shampoo and conditioner when we travel, at least I do. My husband is a little less picky than I am, but I like my usual shampoo and conditioner. We will also bring baby shampoo for Philip.

Did you worry about what they wash their towels with? Again, Philip's skin is very sensitive and I don't want to risk the chance of him getting a rash from the detergent they use. Did you have a problem with this, or did you bring your own towels? I know this sounds pretty crazy but we need to be careful. His skin is so sensitive that he has been going to the dermatologist since he was 2 months old. He was diagnosed with eczema, and had to use a prescription cream for a while, but his skin is better now. We want to keep it that way!

Thanks again!

We did bring our daughters shampoo/soap. Sorry I misunderstood your original question. She does not seem like she has sensitive skin like your son, but I brought my own anyway.

We did not bring a towel, for her, but did bring her own portable crib sheet for the Pack n Play.

However, in your case, i would definately bring a towel or two. Better safe than sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

We will definitely bring 2 towels with us. We are also bringing his own sheet for the Pack 'n' Play. We have it, so we might as well bring it, knowing it was washed in his own detergent that he doesn't get a reaction to.

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this! Thank you so much for all the information. One more thing...did they make you wait a while until you had access to your cabin once you boarded the ship? What time did you board? We like to get there early and avoid the longer lines, but I have heard from some people on recent reviews that they don't allow you to put your carry-on luggage into the cabin until 2PM. How did you manage with this? We plan to carry all of Philip's things on, as I am paranoid and afraid things will get lost. That's much more major if it is the baby's things so I will be carrying on his clothes, toiletries (will probably fit into one suitcase) and diapers (in the large diaper bag). Any suggestions? If anything we will just relax at lunch until 2PM.

Also, how many diapers did you bring with you per day? We are going on an 8-night sailing and I was thinking of bringing around 50...6 per day and a few extra. Maybe I should bring more?

-Bonnie

Bangzoom,

We are just home from the 6/18 sailing and you will LOVE the ship.

We were on by 11:45 and they do not let you in the cabin until 2:00 so just be sure and pack the baby's essential things in maybe a rolling type carry on bag. You can take it to the buffet restaurant at lunch.

Though not traveling with a baby, saw many and as far as diapers they announce that no children in diapers, even swimmies, are allowed in the pools due to health laws so that should help decide how many to take.

Not much storage in the cabins or under the bed and we just stacked our suitcases next to the bed with one the upholstered chair. There would be room for an umbrella stroller in the closet but saw many full sized strollers on the ship. Shower is a good size with a sliding glass door and one of those removable type shower heads on a hose which was great for leg shaving and easy to bathe a child or baby.

Have a great time and enjoy every minute of it!!!

Thank you for the info! I called NCL and they told me that I can ask a crew member if I could put my luggage into the cabin and there is a chance that I will be able to. They also told me that the time you can access your cabin varies from sailing to sailing and depends on how quickly the staff can clean the cabins. We will definitely be bringing a carry-on for the baby that is on wheels, so it will be easy to bring it to the dining room for lunch.

I already knew about the policy of the cruiseline regarding swim diapers in the pool. I was just wondering about the amount based on regular usage, not in pools since we can't use them in there. I am only bringing swim diapers for the beaches.

Thanks again,

Bonnie

Archived