halifax whale tour in sept. will there be any to see?

i have no idea when the whales are in season in the halifax area. i will be there the 2nd week of sept and am wondering if a whale tour would be a waste of money or if they will be around to possibly see. i know there are no guarentees of seeing them no matter if they are abundant or not but is this the season for them :confused: .

thanks so much.

you are pcking the right tour. the whales usually don't leave to go back to the carolinas til mid oct. you'll see them alright. have fun

thanks cape.breton. i have seen many whales in alaska and want to see more of them. i am going to book this tour since i know they will be around and there is a good chance i will see them. :)

if you have never seen the whales before you need to take this tour. if i book one it will be with an independent tour co in one of the ports. i dont think the victory offers one that actually goes out and looks for them.

they are awesome and so huge. it is unbeivable when the tails come up and you see how huge they are. and there are always other wild life to see along the way--puffins, sea otters and birds. a whale tour is a must to take in my opinion. have a great time.

if you have never seen the whales before you need to take this tour. if i book one it will be with an independent tour co in one of the ports. i dont think the victory offers one that actually goes out and looks for them....

HA!! You made me laugh. I've never even thought about seeing a whale before this cruise! There's so many things I want to do in Halifax, I don't know how I'll decide! Will I be able to see the whales in early July? If so, I might want to take a tour. So far, it's been low on my to-do list, just because I didn't want to take the tour and waste my time by not seeing anything but empty water. I really would be interested if I thought we could see some whales. Do you know of any reputable tour companies I could check with. I don't want to go through the ship, either. Could I see whales in Saint John (N.B.)? I have less on my to-do list in that port.

im not sure about the whale tours. there is one in halifax with '' murphys on the waterfront '' but i dont know about saint john. do a web search and i bet you will find one. if you go you will have a good time.

i have no idea when the whales are in season in the halifax area. i will be there the 2nd week of sept and am wondering if a whale tour would be a waste of money or if they will be around to possibly see. i know there are no guarentees of seeing them no matter if they are abundant or not but is this the season for them :confused: .

thanks so much.

http://www.murphysonthewater.com/ They do 99% of the tours here in Halifax.

Just a word of warning. There are whales off Halifax, but not always guaranteed to see any and if you do there may only be a few. But they have also been known to gather here in large groups. About 20 of them came into the harbour 2 years ago around July. The best place is the Bay of Fundy which is on the other side of the province. So, maybe Saint John is a better place to see them.

• 3 weeks later...
HA!! You made me laugh. I've never even thought about seeing a whale before this cruise! There's so many things I want to do in Halifax, I don't know how I'll decide! Will I be able to see the whales in early July? If so, I might want to take a tour. So far, it's been low on my to-do list, just because I didn't want to take the tour and waste my time by not seeing anything but empty water. I really would be interested if I thought we could see some whales. Do you know of any reputable tour companies I could check with. I don't want to go through the ship, either. Could I see whales in Saint John (N.B.)? I have less on my to-do list in that port.
when you get back from your cruise please let us know if you went on the whale tour, what port, who with and did you see any and have a good time. i look forward to your post and i hope you saw them :)

Archived