"Fly-Aweigh" question...

ckcb4u2

My DW and I are booked on the Sensation on 6/11. The embarkation is scheduled from 1:30 pm until 3:30pm for a 4:00 sailing. The airline just changed our flight number from Washington Dulles to Orlando (MCO) and our arrival has changed from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm. I am now concerned that any delays will cause us to miss embarkation altogether. I wonder if Carnival would change our schedule to allow us to fly in a day early. Has anyone else had this done?:confused:

Carnival does have an overnight option but i don't think there is much that can be done at this point being that you are leaving in a few days.

Carnival is responsible to get you to the ship.

I think you will have time to get to the ship with the 12:30 flight.

Since you booked your flight with the cruiselines -- they will wait a reasonable amount of time for you to get there if you are delayed.

If the ship will leave without you- its their responsiblity to get you to the next port.

( you needed to buy your air with a diviation to make changes BEFORE you get the tickets.-its too late now.)

12:30 is more than enough time to get to the port from Orlando, which takes about 45 mins to an hour. A couple of years ago we had a 2:00 PM arrival and still made the ship no problem.

Carnival does allow flight deviations @ $50 per person, but I believe that has to be done before your flights are booked.

Just remember to take the 1-800 number with you, and keep Carnival informed of any flight delays.

Thanks for all of your responses. I feel better about it now. If the flight from Washington is on time, or not delayed more than an hour or so, we should be fine. I just want to be on the ship to Freeport, instead of on an airliner to Freeport... LOL. This is our first cruise, and our first vacation without our children (now grown up). Thanks again!:)

Well-- missing freeport is not a biggie--:D but missing the first day getting onboard that ship-- for a first timer--- its a must do.

the welcome onboard show the fist night about 10- 10:30 should be seen.

But please promise that next cruise you will go in the day before so not to have all that stress. After my first cruise thats what we did.

Sorry, but yes they do. We have booked our air/transfers/hotel with Carnival through our TA for both of our last two cruises. But for OP, it is far too late to make that kind of change now. All in all, OP should be just fine with getting to the ship on time. As already mentioned, be sure to take the 1-800 number just in case.

Isn't that what "does" means? LOL. Time for that eye appointment, bud. :D

Time for that eye appointment, bud. :D

D'oh!!! That's what 4 hours of sleep a night over the last 3 nights gets me. My "dear children's" schedules will be my undoing yet. Thanks for the catch, it's fixed. Think I'll go take a nap now. ;)

My husband and I are also scheduled for the Sensation on 6/11 departure! It's our first cruise and the first one in a long time without the kids. They are also now grown. Seems like we might have a lot in common. Our flight gets into Orlando at 12:05. Our TA told us we'd have plenty of time. Hopefully she's right! See you soon.

Archived