Cost of Internet on Westerdam?

ParrotTops

Does anyone know what the cost of Internet is on Westerdam? We have a superior verandah suite if that matters? Are there any internet packages you can buy like so much money for the week? Thanks!

Most ships sell INTERNET packages for a number of hours (not by the week). If you buy a package with more hours, you get a greater discount. However, even with the discount, the INTERNET service is still expensive at sea. I do believe it makes no difference whether you have a superior suite in the pricing of the service. However, if you have trouble accessing the INTERNET, do go see the INTERNET manager and complain/explain your problem. They will not give you a refund but will normally give you bonus hours as compensation for your problems. Also, you will get bonus hour for purchases of blocks of time made at certain hours. They tend not to announce these specials in advance, but if you ask the INTERNET manager early on (discreetly), he/she may tell you when they will be.

Since you mentioned buying things by the week, HAL does offer an unlimited laundry option (fixed priced) where you can send as much laundry as you wish, as often as you wish. However, it is for regular service only (does not include express service) and does not cover dry cleaning. My wife and I found this a good value -- we paid $89 for a 14 day cruise for the unlimited laundry.

We were just on the W'dam on the May 21 Alaska - so much fun!!

The internet was a tad high - we were also in SA suites.

75 cents a minute or 100 minutes for $70.00. They had larger packages you could choose from - we didn't use the web that much on board - so we paid by the minute (charged to your room account).

Also - it didn't matter if you brought your own laptop or if you used their PC - the cost is the same.

Hope this helps.

I'm sure you'll get a veteran that used the internet a great deal more and has prices for the larger 500 minute packages.

You are going to have a wonderful time! Enjoy your cruise!:)

one more little fact about the internet service, its as slow as possible, so the minutes get eaten alive

the last day of the trip ,they have a huge special, half price, so i verified our flights, to make sure there wasnt any changes

what takes about 2 minutes at home, took about 20 in the net cafe

Archived