The joy of "Table 000"

We are the luckiest people. Why, because Royal Caribbean forgot to assign us a table. We booked our cuise 9 months in advance and requested the late seating. Our documentation showed that we were assigned to the late seating, but when we arrived... they had not assigned us a table, our seapass said Table "000". We got very worried that we would end up at a bad table. We had heard that RCI tries to place similar people together at tables, but since we were a last minute change I had images of sitting with 8 people who did not speak any english. Well as it turns out this oversight on RCI's part landed us in a great table with some of the best tablemates we could have hoped for. So if Tom, Dorris, Kate, and Sarah are out there... We miss you at our table "Zero"

My point? Don't sweat the small stuff, sometimes a mistake is the best possible result.

And I am curious, does this table zero thing happen often?

Good one AltaJoe. As a born and bred Cardinals fan I just wanted to say we are as generous as RCCL, will let you have one every 86 years but don't look for a repeat of the 2004 World Series. That one still smarts:o .

All in fun, hope your cruise was great!

Hey - Every 86 isn't too bad, but remember we have the Patriots - 3 out of 4 baby.

Now if the celtics could win again but then again 20 years isn't very long compared to our beloved Red Sox

Well it is easy to be cocky in June when only the Yankees have been to more fall classics than your team. I will admit we cannot keep up in football, looks like the Rams are going to be "rebuilding" too:rolleyes: Although they are still way more fun than all the years we suffered through Cardinal Football, PAINFUL!

The explaination lies in your AVATAR. RCCL only assign tables to Boston Red Sox fans every 86 years.:D

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Diet Coke came out my nose. FUNNY!

I suppose if you're a Cubs fan...

We are the luckiest people. Why' date=' because Royal Caribbean forgot to assign us a table. We booked our cuise 9 months in advance and requested the late seating. Our documentation showed that we were assigned to the late seating, but when we arrived... they had not assigned us a table, our seapass said Table "000". We got very worried that we would end up at a bad table. We had heard that RCI tries to place similar people together at tables, but since we were a last minute change I had images of sitting with 8 people who did not speak any english. Well as it turns out this oversight on RCI's part landed us in a great table with some of the best tablemates we could have hoped for. So if Tom, Dorris, Kate, and Sarah are out there... We miss you at our table "Zero"

My point? Don't sweat the small stuff, sometimes a mistake is the best possible result.

And I am curious, does this table zero thing happen often?[/quote']

I hope my outcome is like yours, whether I become 000 or not. I am cruising solo for the first time in November; my biggest fear is that I will be seated at a table like the "table of mutants" like in The Wedding Singer or a table full of newlyweds ;) . As if dining solo won't be awkward enough!

catilope, don't worry about the table of mutants, worry that you will be seated at a table and nobody else will show up - this happened to me on the Brilliance. Just go talk to the Maitre'd if you are uncomfortable at your table. I didn't have to as the table next to me invited me to join them.

Archived