Sea Bands

justacruisin

Yes, the Relief Bands work VERY well! They are probably the BEST motion sickness preventative on the market.

They were originally available by prescription only for chemotherapy patients. But they are available over the counter now.

You should be able to find them at CVS Drug Stores or order them on line.

I will never, EVER travel without mine again. :D

Linda

My wife uses them also. SHE LOVES THEM!!!! They don't seem to work for her on smaller boats (catamarans :rolleyes: ) but the big boats are no problem for her.

She has now decided to buy this $70 sea band that send electrical shocks into her wrist. :confused: But it gets even better reviews than the bands.

:D Thank God for Sea Bands!!!! :D

My wife loves her sea bands as well. She bought gray ones and loved that she didn't get queasy or sea sick for the first time. On the next cruise after that one, she even bought black ones to go with her black gown for formal night .. <shaking my head> .. she was a happy camper .. then so was I.

I have used Sea Bands, the non-electric ones, on several occasions and they work very well for me. Certainly worth the $8 to try, especially since you can use them with no concerns about sleepiness or using alcohol with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to be the pitcher of cold water, but the sea bands don't work at all for me. I don't like the pills, so I went for the patch, which works perfectly for me. Unfortunately, the sea bands don't work for everyone.

I needed both the Bonine and the sea bands on a cruise from NY to bermuda. We had some serious waves going on. I was just 'ok' so I guess they worked as well as they were going to. Many many people were not doing well. The poor crew had a lot of cleaning up to do.

My son (12) has used them on our last two cruises. We've never had to give him dramamine or bonine; they've worked great. On our last cruise, we rocked and rolled quite a bit, and he was still o.k.!

Bobbi

Archived