Rhapsody pricing?

Hi all, first timer here on the RCI boards.

I was researching my honeymoon cruise and found that I can get an ocean view on the Rhapsody for half the price of an ocean view on Carnival's Conquest with the exact same itenerary (I mean exact...same day and all).

I am a bit worried as to why the Rhapsody is so much cheaper. I know the ship is smaller and a bit older than the Conquest, but that's not a problem for me.

Anyone know why it is cheaper, or can you set my mind at ease and assure me that the Rhapsody is great?

Thanks!

Never having cruised on Carnival, I couldn't say, but I can tell you, the closer to sail date, the more expensive it will probably be! You didn't say when you're sailing--could the date be undesirable? I do know Carnival sails full most of the time, and that can affect the price.

the rhapsody is a wonderful ship with a wonderful crew...id jump at the chance to go on the rhapsody over the conquest anyday of the week..from everyone who i spoke to on the ship who have sailed on carnival before they said this ship was much better...the rhapsody is starting that new itinerary and i am looking to go on may 20, 2007, and we just returned from the may 21, 2006 cruise..go for it you wont be disappointed..plus as of now rhapsody docks in cozumel and the conquest does not

This is a wonderful ship! It isn't as large, or as new as Conquest. That may have something to do with the price difference. In my opinion you can't go wrong with Rhapsody. We will be on her this Nov. for Thanksgiving and I can't wait to get back on my favorite ship! The big difference between the two, based on info from others, we have never been on Conquest, is decor, and service. Rhapsody is much more elegant with glass, plants as well as a beautiful water feature in the Centrum. The service on Rhapsody IMO can't be beat. You are always met with a smile and a sincere desire to help you.

Good luck in your decision. And congrats on you upcoming marriage!

Happy cruising!

Brenda

I have been on both once, and have booked the Rhapsody for next cruise. I was on the Conquest in her inaugural year and she was impressive being brand new and all and I was chaparoning college age kids. But I want a lower key cruise now that I don't have kids to keep entertained.

Perhaps rates are lower because the newer RCI ship the Voyager will be cruising out of Galveston before too long...

Enjoy your cruise.

I agree with the previous poster - I think the 2007 rates will drop as Voyager comes in. Our "usual" week in November 2007 is at $829 for a junior suite. That is a considerable price difference. I think RCCL is going to price Rhapsody low and keep Voyager at top rates until they see what the market will bear. It should be interesting once Voyager gets to town.

I sadly admit that I did have a booking on the Conquest for this Dec.... But I am GLAD to admit I came to my "senses" and changed my booking to the Rhapsody......... :) :D :o

The Conquest’s Service has a lot to be desired. NOT a CAN-DO ship more as if we are only authorized to do the bare minimal, but if you would like us to do more we will need to check with a supervisor; and then the attitude is “you want us to do what?” (Keep water and tea glass full or somewhat full at dinner, I am so demanding)

excellent choice victory...you wont be disappointed...the voyager is not arriving in galveston until december 2007 and the rhapsody will be moving on im sure( dont know where)...the voyager will then be doing the same cruises the rhapsody has been doing...if you look ar rccl website you will see about 150 dollar price difference between the 2 ships...i think they keep the rates lower to keep the ships full out of galveston to keep getting repeat customers...we sailed on may 21 and had a full ship, not that u would have noticed...well anyway have a great time when u do sail on the rhapsody

The Rhapsody will be going into drydock in February in 2007 and will be like a new ship when you sail on her in May 2007. We are also booked on the May 27th sailing. We are paying $2400 for an ocean view for wife and I and an interior for the kids. Would have cost us $3900 on the Conquest. I couldn't believe the difference although I am not complaining since I would much rather sail on the Rhapsody. We've sailed Carnival and Princess and prefer RCCL. We've been on Rhapsody twice and can't wait to sail her again.

Keep watching the prices. We booked the Rhapsody for Dec.17, 2006 last October. At the time Rhapsody was way cheaper than the Conquest. Ever since the Rhapsody prices have climbed and the Conquest prices have dropped!!! Conquest is now the better bargain, but I'm staying on the Rhapsody:D! Seems like RCI prices the Rhapsody agressively early and Carnival tries to get top dollar from early bookings.

excellent choice victory...you wont be disappointed...the voyager is not arriving in galveston until december 2007 and the rhapsody will be moving on im sure( dont know where)...the voyager will then be doing the same cruises the rhapsody has been doing...if you look ar rccl website you will see about 150 dollar price difference between the 2 ships...i think they keep the rates lower to keep the ships full out of galveston to keep getting repeat customers...we sailed on may 21 and had a full ship, not that u would have noticed...well anyway have a great time when u do sail on the rhapsody

Rhapsody's moving over to New Orleans while Voyager is in Galveston. Her first sailing out of NO is Dec. 17th 2007.

Cruised on the Conquest her first year & it was great. Food was fantastic as was the service & entertainment. Very large ship compared to others we have been on. Have enjoyed all the cruises we have been on regardless of cruiseline. Each cruise is different but wonderful. We are trying different cruise lines & are scheduled to go on the Rhapsody in Dec. Can't wait.

The Conquest’s Service has a lot to be desired. NOT a CAN-DO ship more as if we are only authorized to do the bare minimal, but if you would like us to do more we will need to check with a supervisor; and then the attitude is “you want us to do what?” (Keep water and tea glass full or somewhat full at dinner, I am so demanding)

Having sail the Conquest twice we never had these kinds of issues. Crew was always friendly and supportive. We sailed her when she was new and we have been on her just this past Feb. I find as is so often the case if one is looking for bad things they are there. Check out the post earlier on the Grandeuer (sp) as an example.

Think earlier post was correct. If the ships are filling up the prices go up. I am sure you will enjoy your Rhapsody cruise. Not sure there is anything that could make a cruise "bad" - within reason of course.

Archived