Tell me all about the Galaxy

fireguy091

As far as CC rooms, 1200 and 1201 on the sky deck have much bigger balconies than other CC rooms.Looking forward to sea day breakfasts on our balcony on the first half of the October repositioning cruise.

Can you tell me who the cruise director and social hostess on Galaxy are currently?

Earl,

Dru Pavlov is the cruise director. No one seems to know who the social hostess is? Does anyone know??? I sailed with Dru last summer on the Constellation and liked him very much. I'm delighted that he will be on our cruise.:D

Garry

Yes, the balconies on the sky deck are much deeper than those on the penthouse deck. I haven't actually cruised this cabin yet, but it came VERY highly recommended on more than one board that I've visited.

My wife and I were in 1201 about 3 years ago. This was before CC, but it was a good deal then and it is even more so now. We were not bothered by noise at all. The cabin is essentially the same as the CC cabin on the penthouse deck but has at least 3-4 times the room on the balcony.

My cabin choice in order would be 1200/1201 or a sky suite on 12 or a sky suite on the penthouse deck. We really like the balconies but even the SS on the penthouse is pretty small by our standards. Don't think we would take the CC on the penthouse deck. We'd wait for another sailing, but that's because of our enjoyment of eating out on the balcony and that would be very cramped on the penthouse deck CC cabin.

Hi Debbie,

Glad to see I'm not the only one who will go to any length to check Cruise Critic.

Can you save the roll call link for future use or should I e-mail it to you? Garry (my wife) and I leave Monday for Rome for 3 days before our Galaxy transtlantic. We'd appreciate any help we can get in keeping the roll call near the top while we are away. It isn't very active yet. On the other hand, our Summit to Hawaii in March of 2006 is very active. Go figure.

We are also doing a 5-day pre-cruise land tour. I think it's tour 12 starting in Anchorage and ending up in Fairbanks where we take a plane to Anchorage and bus to Seward on the day of sailing. Is your group doing anything pre-cruise?

Later.

Bob

Archived