Just booked and confused

Montague

We have just booked our first crossing on QM2 in August - in a regular cabin on Deck 4. As I understand that the type of cabin determines where you dine which restaurants can we eat in? Thanks :confused::o

Montague, you will be able to eat in all restaurants except for the Grills. You'll have a choice of the Britannia Restaurant (the "main" dining room), Todd English (requires reservation and has a $30 pp surcharge), or one of the 4 "specialty" restaurants that are set up in the Kings Court area on deck 7 for dinner.

I've not yet done a crossing but did a 10 day on QM2 in Nov 2004 and am going again this September for 4 days. I hope that you will enjoy your time onboard; there's a ton of information on crossings on these boards so enjoy yourself!

We have just booked our first crossing on QM2 in August - in a regular cabin on Deck 4. As I understand that the type of cabin determines where you dine which restaurants can we eat in? Thanks :confused::o

Yes.

You can eat in any resturant/bar on the ship except the Queens and Princess Grills. You can't go into the Grills Lounge or onto the Grills terrace (overlooking the stern) either. So 2 resturants and 2 small areas are out of bounds but you have the run of the rest of the ship. Hope this helps.

Have a great crossing.

You will dine in a fine restaurant the Britannia. It's a good idea to visit the restaurant as soon as you board so that you can see the table allocated to you and get it changed if you don't like it.

Enjoy your first crossing.

David.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't worry, the food in the standard restaurants is the best I have ever had at sea, my parents refused to travel Cunard for years because they were worried about the different classes (they love it now they've tried it), I've done both ships, you will hopefully love it too!

Although everyone has different tastes, there's loads of choice and no lack of expensive ingredients, I'm trying the grill for the first time in August and can hardly imagine how the food could be better.

i hope you have a great cruise

Archived