Vacation time!!

tracey1212

This will be my first time on a cruise and I'm a little scared. I will be leaving on 07/09/06 on the sensation going to bahamas. I don't know really what to do on the shore excursions because they all sound good, but I don't want to spend alot of money for one of the excursion and it's not worth the money. Can someone help me out with what to do once we are on the island. Thanks a bunch.

I am going to the Bahamas in Decmber, and if you are going to Nassau, I have been told that you MUST go see Atlantis. You can take a water taxi from the dock. There is an aquarium that most people seem to really enjoy. Apparently, you have access to the majority of the resort, so if you are that close, dont miss out!

You can find more information on the destinations forum here.

C

If I were you, I'd head to the Ports of Call board here on CC and read up for a while.

The one thing I know I would not do is go shopping close to port, or even stay too close to the ship all day. You will be in a place you've never been before, you need to explore the area a bit.

What you want to do is to create a memory of your day there, and do something you would not do at home. You can shop at home, you can find somewhere to swim at home. I've seen photos of Atlantis and it looks nice, but it also looks real touristy and over-developed. Kind of like visiting Disney World and saying you have toured Florida.

It's not a bad idea to visit the library, or Amazon dot com and reading up on the area where you will visit. I do this wherever we go and my DH is always surprised at how much I'll know about an area.

I am nto a fan of Atlantis. The extra cost never seems worth it to me. I've done Vegas and LOVE it, but in the Caribbean? Maybe not so much and much of Atlantis has that Vegas feel to me.

We did the Yellowbird tour and enjoyed it immensly. It's not just a drunken booze fest. Yes, some people were, "happy," but most were just having fun.

We also have just stayed around the port and shopped and had a wonderful time.

we've been to nassau 6 times and have loved every trip. we enjoy taking tours of the town, if you go into places that tours takes you, you can see things that you never see just getting off the ship and shopping close by. don,t get me wrong, i think you should do shopping close by,it's something you won't forget.we went to atlantis /aquarium the time before last-6-2005 and we loved it, there was alot of walking.but you tour then get to stay at the casnio and go back whenever/there are taxies. they have shopping at the atlantis but very over price and they are jewerly type stores.last time 11-2005 we went to cozumel (couldn't get there because of the storms so we had to go somewhere else) didn't like it so we are going back to cococcay and nassau this 4-2007.sorry, i got side tracked, we took our 18 yr, old grandson with us last june and he enjoyed it. but try to go on the tours of the island, it;s beautiful when you get away from the dock area, the one we went on was a tour with the atlantis/aquarium all together, wanda

Archived