Aft Cabins on Prinsendam - too noisey ?

Maryandi

We have reserved #392 on the Main deck - it is located at the very back of that deck. My friend who just got off the P said that all the silver & china in the Dining Room vibrates. I, also, remember Ides of March having to change cabins from the aft Dolfin deck.

I don't mind al little noise or vibration but not too much of a 'good thing'. From your experience, has this been a real bother or a mild one ?

We'll be on the ship 56 days so it will be pretty important to be in the right spot.

Thanks, MaryAnn

Wowzo

My advice for what its worth is move amidships or forward if you can. The vibration aft on Dolphin was oppressive but did get better as you moved up decks. Our friends Robin and Mary had a suite aft on Verandah deck 10 and the vibration was noticable compared to our cabin (438) which was so smooth I would sometimes wonder why we had stopped when in fact we were doing 20 kts. They wern't as troubled by vibration as we were and it didn't seem to bother them.

The railings aft on Lower Promenade (7th) where you descended from deck 8 outside would oscillate 3 to 4 inches at times as we walked by but it depended on the engine RPM. The cuttlery did vibrate in the Lido at times.

For a short cruise I might chance it but for 56 days I sure wouldn't take aft positioning.

Smooth sailing

Ides

Thanks Idea for your reply - I want to move midship but HAL wants $1700 pp more . That is excessive for the same deck ! Forward cabins 304/305 are all that's avail. there and only have a porthole but are no xtra charge.

I'll hold out for the midship cabins to go lower in price.

I really want to move but will not pay that price. MaryAnn

Archived