youngest baby??

tmm249

Just wondering what the youngest baby you have taken on a cruise or have seen on a cruise? I know most cruise line require for the baby to be at least 4 months old before they will let them cruise. Has anyone ever taken a 4 month or seen someone with a baby that young??

We did 4 years ago when my daughter was little. It was great - just loads of luggage with all of the diapers, formula, bottles, etc. One suggestion - remember to bring dish detergent to clean the bottles.

Carnival even took her in the group babysitting at night (until 2 or 3 am) where she slept in a portacrib so we could go "out" for a while without child.

OUr son is 1 and he will be going oin his first cruise this year.

My daughter has already done 3:)

we found alot of them to be 6 motnths for what it's worth

haven't yet but we are taking our son on the ncl jewel 7/30 through europe and he will be almost 7 months old when we set sail. can't wait!

for what it's worth ncl was one of the few cruise lines that did not charge us a fare (it just so happens they are my favorite so it all worked out anyway :))

Royal Caribbean will take them at any age. The was one on our February cruise that was just weeks old (6 weeks, if memory serves). Carnival requires the babies to be 4 months, and Princess requires 6 months. We've been doing our research :)

Not to be a gloomy gus, but I wouldn't.

When my 2 kids were under 1, they would suddenly come down w/ all the childhood diseases--those things w/ rashes and high fevers. I just would never want to be more than a half hour from an ER with a child so young. And there's more risk of exposure when you've flown and are in a shipboard environment--and in a strange place. Even if there are doctors onboard, they might not be used to little little kids diseases. I had many an argument with family members who wanted to take great vactions that I considered a risk to my children.

Lots of people do trips w/ little kids. I don't think it is a good idea, so just wanted to give you that alert.

just wanted to add that we took our (then) 11 week old son to puerto rico (not a cruise but land based) and it was wonderful! people were telling us we were crazy and it was one of the best trips we ever took! don't listen to the naysayers! go and enjoy :)

Regarding illness - the way I look at it is that on a cruise you're never more than a few minutes from an ER. The ships' medical centers are set up amazingly well - in fact someone else posted that their young child had a serious emergency ilness while at sea and they had better care on board then when they docked back at the U.S.

Best,

Mia

I took my (then) 4 month old on a NCL cruise (she's now 2). It was wonderful and she will be going on her 4th cruise in a couple of months with her little sister. Just remember to bring more diapers and wipes than you think you will need. Also remember to bring any medications (tylenol etc) that you think you may possibly need. We had a stroller that reclined totally flat and she slept whenever/where ever she wanted (even in the dining room for dinner). I took along some laundry detergent that I used to wash out any soiled clothing in our cabin sink to avoid stains.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Jenn

Took our 7 month old son on his first cruise just last month. It was much easier than I expected. He travelled well, no problems on the flights or on the ship. It was pretty much like being at home, actually easier since there was no cleaning house, cooking dinner, doing dishes or laundry, mowing the lawn...

We will be taking our (will be) 11 1/2 month old with us on our December Century cruise. My husband and I are avid cruisers and are so excited about taking our son. He seems to be very well adjusted and easy going like his parents! I have gathered so much information from this sight with regards to the blow up pools etc etc... My son should be eating more table food at that age so I don't have to worry about bringing so much baby food. I hope to be finished with bottles and have him on sippy cups too. Grandma and auntie will be traveling with us..... so we do have help!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived