Best way to get from Airport (FLL) to Miami Port?

stitch78

I read a post that did not recommend Carnival's shuttles. Are there private companies that offer transportation? We are leaving in just 4 days. We are going to book this when we arrive at the airport.

You don't have to book anything ahead, there are plenty of taxis right outside the airport , absolutely no problem.

We also are flying into FLL. Were 6 adults. Do they have vans as well as taxis?

Yes they had plenty of full vans as well as mini vans outside the airport as well , also when you get off the ship tell a taxi driver the number in you party and they will point you in the right direction to get to the vans. No problems either way.

Once you are off the ship and outside the terminal there are PLENTY of taxis and shuttles there that can and will take you the the Ft. Laud airport. Hubby and I did not secure ground transportation prior to the cruise and had no problem securing it after the cruise to get back to the airport. We first asked a taxi how much for the two of us and were quoted $60 then we asked a man advertising a shuttle and he said $40 for both of us, so we took the shuttle van. You DO NOT have to secure ground transportation before hand, you will have no problem getting where you need to go, trust me. Ask around too you will get different prices!

We had 6 adults and rented a white stretch limo from www.larryslimo.com

total cost round trip was 33.pp which included the tip. It was an awesome ride.

Stitch- look into Florida share a ride. It costs 18.00 to get to the Miami airport. May make a few stops on the way. But look into something to book on the way back. Taxis are gonna set you back about 75-80 bucks one way. Get a car service and travel in style for a few bucks cheaper.

Mia is about 45-1 hour away from FLL depending on traffic.

Off the Valor a few weeks ago took Larry's Limo on the way back from Miami to FLL. We had an early flight at 11:45am which was my biggest concern of the whole trip. We took the Carnival shuttle from FLL to MIA at the beginning but we were told we were on our own on the way back because our flight was before 1:00pm. Anyway, Larry's was there promplty in a strecth limo at 8:30 and zipped us to FLL in about 30 minutes! It only cost $120 for 6 of us tip included.

When we arrive we fly into FLL at 11:15 AM. What time will they let us get on the boat. One of our concerns is we will get to the boat too early and have to sit around. When we depart we will be flying back to MIA (is that close enough to take a cab without costing a fortune) - we actually have to catch a plane that leaves 1.5 hours after the boat arrives on dock so we have to be really fast and don't have time to compare several cabbies/shuttles.

Isn't carnival's transporation really cheap? I don't wanna pay $40 pp on a limo.

When we arrive we fly into FLL at 11:15 AM. What time will they let us get on the boat. One of our concerns is we will get to the boat too early and have to sit around. When we depart we will be flying back to MIA (is that close enough to take a cab without costing a fortune) - we actually have to catch a plane that leaves 1.5 hours after the boat arrives on dock so we have to be really fast and don't have time to compare several cabbies/shuttles.

Isn't carnival's transporation really cheap? I don't wanna pay $40 pp on a limo.

40.00 is what you should pay for a limo round trip. that is what it will probable cost to take the shuttle one way.

You rplane arrives at 11:15. By the time you get your luggage and get in line for transportation it will be about noon. 45 minutes to get the the MIA pier.. should be about 1:- 1:30

On past cruises I like to be at the pier by 11am so I can be onbaord by noon.

Coming home--since your plane is leaving from MIA which is the same port as the cruise== 15-20 mintues away- 20 bucks cab ride.

You are scaring me with that 1.5 hours after the ship docks. What time is that flight?

sometimes ships dont clear until about an hour after arrival. Once a ship docks you cant just get off. Gotta wait til it clears customs before the people are released for customs.

• 3 weeks later...
Stitch78, Are you really saying that you have a flight that departs 90 minutes after the printed arrival time. I have one word for you FUGETABOUTIT.

Ship arrives at 8am and flight is 9:30am...is that right????

If it is, I have a 2nd word for you AINTGONNAHAPPEN.

Archived