90 Days and 30 pds.

gjohnson75

I have 90 days till I sail out and about 30 pds to lose just to get me to a respectable number.

I joined weight watchers this week and have been going to the gym regulary I just hope that I can keep it up till cruise time.

You can do it. Just set your mind to it and think of the ultimate result. I started dieting the first of the year. It's easier if you have a goal, of course, so I used my cruise in October. I set my sights for 30 lbs by then. When I hit that, I said well 40 would be good. Next thing you know, I hit that too. Now, I've lost 49 lbs as of today. My total goal is another 70 lbs. but I don't have a goal before the cruise anymore. I figure whatever I lose now, before the cruise, is just a bonus. It's hard, as we all know, but you have to want it for yourself to be able to stick to it. When I look in the mirror, it gives me the strength I need to keep going. I can see the difference now, and that motivates me more than anything. We're all in this together, and we're here for each other. I wish you the best of luck. I know you can do it. A little hint: Buy a size smaller when buying clothes for the cruise. I buy a couple of sizes smaller, and I know I am not going to waste all that money, so I WILL fit into them. Best wishes!

Maureen

I would like to lose 30 before my next cruise. I have been busting it lately with the exercise. Last week I bumped up my cardio and I am starting to see the results.

For me it is exercise, exercise, and more exercise. Oh, and tons of water!

How are y'all doing today?? I made it to the gym and had my measurements and body fat measured today. I lost inches and body fat from 3 weeks ago so I am happy. The scale was actually up from last Thursday. That is ok if I am losing fat!

Hope you all are doing great this week!

I would love to lose 30 pounds by my cruise in Nov. I have been counting calories with the help of another web site called Sparkpeople (its a great site) and I go to the gym 3 days a week for at least 1 hour each day. But the numbers aren't going down neither inches or pounds. I don't know what is going on. I stay within my calorie range of 1200-1550. If anyone has any susgestions I would sure appreicate the help.

30+ club sounds like a great name to me.

Hey, everyone...I am one of those habitual dieters. Lose it....gain it....lose it....gain it... you know the drill! I find cruises to be great motivators and did well before our last cruise in November 05 but it's all back.

We have no planned cruises until December this year but I do have a canoe trip to go on at the end of September. When I registered for the trip I was 40 pounds lighter....and I want to be back there again (or at least 30 pounds lighter) before I have to show up there and have everyone wonder why I lied on my application (lol).

My usual form of diet is no fat, no sugar, no starch...this works well for me and I feel really good...and, of course, MEGA amounts of water and exercise. I have joined the gym again and hope to make it there at least three times per week. I also joined a Dragon Boat team, so we paddle 2x per week for an hour each time.

Are we doing a "weigh-in" on any particular days and are we including inches lost?

Hope I can be of some encouragement and hope I can expect some for all of you as well.

Well I just posted and **poof** it was gone!!

Linda~ I agree with your method, low fat, no sugar, and for me only starch a few times a week and only at lunch. Lots of water and for me the gym 4 times a week and cardio at home 2 additional days. Something to burn the fat!!

I would like to join you in your mission of loosing 30 lbs. I have a cruise booked in November and could use the motivation of my cruise critic buddies to help me loose. Let's set a day to weigh in each week. What works best for everyone? Bars have Thirsty Thursday perhaps we can have Thirty Thursday.

I know the only true way to loose is with diet and exercise but has anyone had any luck with any OTC supplements to help keep you on track? I would love to find something to help curb the appetite and give more energy without feeling so jittery.

Robin

Can I join in too? :) I'm with Linda...I gain & lose over & over again.

I would be happy with 20 pounds...woops...stood on the scale today..let's go for 23 pounds... I just had to have that big fat brownie my daughter made yesterday...darn...

None of my "cruise clothes" fit..so I have to lose this by Sept. The only option is to go buy bigger:( I refuse to do that.

I weigh in every morning just out of bed, drink lots of water, low or no fat..sort of a combo of WW & S. Beach. Right now..no exercise:D

Hi Lucy'sMom~ I noticed where you are in your location-I am over in Longwood on the Orange/Seminole line.

Hope everyone does well this weekend! I have been fighting the late night hunger. Last night I was up late and just wanted to eat- so I did the drink a glass of water bit!

LOL Step1 it must have been in the air I too was up late last night although I have been up late all week since DH was on the midnight shift at his work, but anyway I also got the munchies and ate.

We are going to a relay for life cancer walk tonight so will be up all night long taking healthyier snack items for the munchies tonight though.

Keep up the good work everyone we will have those 30 pounds off in no time. Lost 1 pound this week :)

Angelkisses: Oh my gosh such confidence:eek:

:D Weekend here I come.:D

Step1: yes, I'm just south of 50 & Hwy 27. Not to far away.

I do like my one 6 oz. :p ok... 8 oz. glass of wine.

I just have to add it into my daily count. Now if I did my treadmill this morning like I should have (& didn't) I could have worked off the whole glass....

ho hum.....

Suzanne

I have lost 2 pds of the 30 I need. I was just talking to my wife, she reminded me the only diet I have ever been able to stick to was the South Beach Diet. So I think I will do it till the cruise.

And Exercise lots of exercise.

Well just what I was looking for!

I have been dieting most of my life of course - but as I get older it seems to be more and more important to get the weight off and keep it off.

I have just booked a cruise - going w/gf in September - and decided it's time to get in shape - yes it's 85 days away and I would LOVE to lose 30 lbs by then (and I would still need to lose another 40 after that - but one step at a time).

My plan includes following the WW core program as much as possible (I don't go to meetings right now but have all the materials from last year) and exercise - I joined a women's fitness place (Curves copy) last monday and have gone 4 times this week!

On monday I weighted 220 (how embarrasing is that!)...and this morning I am down to 213 - how amazing is that? While I originally wanted to try and lose 20 lbs - I figure which such a good start aiming for 30 is possible!

Hope we can keep the thread going - maybe start a new 30+ thread every Monday? What does everyone think?

Froufie:)

Welcome Froufie and congrats on your weight loss. I like the name 30+ losers club. Hopefully we will make the name proud when we go on my cruises and be down those awful 30 pounds. Then we can call ourselves the 30+ winners club.:D

Oh and Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there.

Hi Everyone,

Well I had quite a weekend. We were visiting family and they are all food pushers. Needless to say I am starting again (again).:rolleyes:

Starting right now:

I am counting calories. I get 1200 per day. I am working out in the morning for 30-60min with a mix of cardio and weights. Of course I won't forget the water!

Have a great night and I will check on you all in the morning.

Yes that title was a YELL:D

Ok..I blew it big time this weekend...and paid for it by getting sick...

Plus I put on this morning one of my favorite tops...oh yeah..bulges hanging out everywhere....talk about motivation.

SO...@ 5am this morning I was on the treadmill for 45 minutes..yeah me:)

AND..instead of being totally lazy today I am going with my DD/GKids to Universal. She gave me annual passes for XMas..so that should help with the walking...I just need to be careful about food there...

This is the first true exercise I have had in 5 months or more..so this is good.

89 days to go....oh my:eek:

Archived