Elation 5/21-28

crusinsusan

My husband and I flew to Miami the morning of the cruise, got a taxi and waited a while at the port for them to begin processing. We boarded the ship by 11:30 and were eating lunch on deck by noon. Our cabin was R20, a porthole window, and very convenient to the front elevator.

We ate breakfast and lunch on the Lido deck and found the food good. Pizza and ice cream were available 24/7. NY deli was open 11 to 11. Good sandwiches.

We had dinner in the dining room each nite, seated in a booth with 2 other couples. We all enjoyed the food and conversation. One nite, we ate upstairs casually, and enjoyed that as well.

First port was Nassau. We took a taxi to the Atlantis $4pp. It was beautiful and the aquarium was awesome. On the way back we shopped at the straw market.

Second port was St. Thomas. We took a taxi to Sapphire Beach. $10pp. We snorkled and saw many fish. Got a lounge chair $5, and enjoyed this nice beach.

Third port was San Juan. We took the free trolley up to El Morro. Walked around the fort, got good photos, and back to the ship on the free trolley. Enjoyed the ship when it was empty.

Fourth port was Grand Turk. Enjoyed this one very much. At the pier there was little shops of crafts and then Margaritiville, with a huge pool, plenty of free lounge chairs, umbrellas around the pool and many more on the beach. We enjoyed the music and fun for a few hours and headed back to the ship.

We enjoyed the shows on the ship, two major productions, one nite a ventriliguist, one nite a hypnotist. Went to midnite comedy show too.

We found the clubs at nite very smokey, which we don't like, so we sat along the promenade deck and listened to music. It is a non smoking area.

Leaving the ship was easy. As we signed up for a tour in Miami, we met in the disco, got called to go by 9:30, got our luggage and off to see alligators. Got to the airport by 1:30.

We had a good time on the Elation.

Thanks so much for your review. I am sailing on the Elation 8/6 and just found out my room number today, so I am very excited!

I'm glad you had a fun trip. Any suggestions that you can make regarding the ship/excursions etc. would be appreciated..

Thanks!

We have done shore excursions from the ship on previous cruises. In St. Thomas we did the snorkeling tour to Coki beach and loved it. My husband also did the Atlantis tour from the ship while I just went shopping. Shore tours from the ship are pricey. There are many taxis for hire when you get off the ship and you can negotiate your price for a tour. Just watch your time for return. Enjoy your cruise. Susan

Just curious, why have some of the sailings stopped at Nassua instead of Half Moon Cay? I know when this iteniary started there was an 8 day that stopped in Nassau, but I thought Half Moon Cay would be the stop after that cruise. Was it weather related and not able to tender in?

Thanks

We're thinking of doing a debarkation excursion after our cruise next month (only 27 days to go :) ).

Can you tell me about yours? Which did you pick......

Any info would be great................

Lori

• 2 weeks later...

We did the tour of the everglades. We always wanted to see it. It was fun. We saw alligators in the water and in the park. Some just popped their heads up. The boat went really fast and then stopped at different places for a photo op. The guide was very good explaining the environment in the everglades. After some free time, we left for Miami airport. Got luggage and were in airport by 1:30pm. I would recomment this tour. Beats sitting in the airport too.

Archived