Drinks on the Freedom 7-2-06

I'm new to the cruising thing and have heard of these "pop cards" where you buy a drink card to get all the pop and soft drinks you want for the one time fee of ($99) :eek: or something outrageous like that. The website said that juices are included on that card but the card is cheaper and it goes per day. I'm so confused. :o How does it work and what about water and lemonade? Anybody know?:confused: Thanks, sthode.

I was shocked at the $99 thing. Who can drink that much pop?! And dontcha love the "gratuity" why dont they just call it a fee, since it really is. A T.I.P. is To Insure Promptness, which is what makes it earned, they don't earn it if it is automatically put on the tab!! oh well, guess thay have to make sure they are making thier money. Thanks. sthode

If the soda cards have gone up to $48 I'll have to pass this time. The last time we purchased one on Princess it was $22 and somewhere on these boards I read that RCCL's are $25.00. The card is worth it at the $25 price, and I used it a lot, in fact most waiters would also serve my husband soft drinks on occasion on our Princess cruises. I'd pass on the $48 (or $99).

The web site states that you can purchase a soda/juice package for $6.00 per day for adults and $4.00 for children under 17. This gives you unlimited fountain soda(no cans) and juices at any bar/ restaurant. They will place a sticker on your seapass/room card.:)

I guess what I was getting at, is what is included in that pop card, we drink more lemonade and water and I don't know if those are on that card or separate items. Curious.

Water, lemonade, and ice tea free all the time even at bars. The pop card is around $47 dollars for the whole week. If all you drink is pop then the card is worth it. I'm not a pop drinker, I'm a big water guy. I puchased one pop on my last 7 night cruise and it cost $1.50. It's very hot so stick with the water and give pop up for the week.

Water, lemonade, and ice tea free all the time even at bars. The pop card is around $47 dollars for the whole week. If all you drink is pop then the card is worth it. I'm not a pop drinker, I'm a big water guy. I puchased one pop on my last 7 night cruise and it cost $1.50. It's very hot so stick with the water and give pop up for the week.

I'm with you on this one...no sodas for me. Just water, iced-tea, lemonade and an occasional ginger ale. :D

Archived