Carnival Pride - Inside or balcony

Hi - We are looking at the Carnival Pride to Mexico in January 2007. To save money, we are thinking of an inside cabin. Although I have always had a window (or balcony), I am willing to try it out. How are the inside cabins, in addition to no daylight? If we don't go with an inside cabin, we are thinking of a balcony guarantee. I have never been on Carnival, just NCL and RCCL.

Thanks for your help.

Hi - We are looking at the Carnival Pride to Mexico in January 2007. To save money, we are thinking of an inside cabin. Although I have always had a window (or balcony), I am willing to try it out. How are the inside cabins, in addition to no daylight? If we don't go with an inside cabin, we are thinking of a balcony guarantee. I have never been on Carnival, just NCL and RCCL.

Thanks for your help.

See if cabin 7301 is open, its a killer 9a Suite, very big, this cabin is very nice. Take a look at the floor plan online.

Fred

Check out the 5A and 7A cabins. The 5A's are obstructed view cabins with French doors that open for air. The 7A's are obstructed balconies - the lifeboats are even with the railing. Both are great values on the Spirit class ships.

Well now the thought is to get an oceanview guarantee and hope for an upgrade (since there aren't a lot of ocean view cabins on this ship). Anyone have an experience with that? I am beginning to think daylight is a must : )

Well now the thought is to get an oceanview guarantee and hope for an upgrade (since there aren't a lot of ocean view cabins on this ship). Anyone have an experience with that? I am beginning to think daylight is a must : )

Baseball fan:

It is possible, I know there aren't many OV on the spirit class ships.

We got really lucky, we were booked on the Ecstasy first in an Inside Guarantee. Then we got upgraded to an OV on a lot higher deck. Then our plans changed and we decided to move our booking over to the Pride, and our upgrades got moved over as well, and we got upgraded to a 5A, the one that Big Doug was talking about, a room w/French doors. Ours IS in between the lifeboats, so it shouldn't be THAT bad, at least it lets in light. So yes, It can happen, especially if you are particualry nice to the upgrade fairy that day... and... any OV is better than IS, just in my opinion.:p

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for your help.

My twenty-nine year old son and I will be on the Pride for it's January 7th cruise out of Long Beach. It will be my first time with a balcony and I can't wait!!!!!

Hey Baseball fan!! We just go off the Pride on 6/4/06. I booked a 6A guarentee and we were upgraded to an 8F. Essentially, we went from deck 1 to deck 7, with a port side balcony!! It was a great surprise for us!! I will be posting my review soon, so stay tuned! :)

Archived