September 20 Athens to Rome anyone?

Boopsie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd post here to bump it up to the front of the board in case anyone else may be going on this Insignia cruise. I'm learning a lot here and can't thank all the folks enough who keep answering other folks' questions, concerns, comments. Anyhoo, we'll be arriving in Athens a few days early and staying Rome a few after the cruise. Looking forward to meeting any and all who may be lurking here in the Cruise Critic crowd who'll be joining us. Chuck

My husband and i are also booked on insignia for sept. 20 He will celebrating his 50th bday. This is our first med cruise have sailed the carribean for the past 12 years on princess, celebrity, NCL,and RCCL. We heard wonderful feedback about oceania. We are flying to rome first to spend a few days then flying to athens to pick up the ship. We have some private tours booked. I feel like it is coming up so fast . Soooooo excited!!!!!

Sophiegirl, thanks so much for your post, and what a great way to celebrate your busband's birthday! Look forward to meeting you both, as well as Boopsie. We'll have to arrange a time when we can all meet for drinks some evening, early in the cruise.

Our TA will also be on board and so far has scheduled private tours (for the group of 12 of us) in Livorno and Sorrento, then Rome on our way from the port to the city where we'll be staying for a few days. Prior to the cruise, we'll be in Athens for about three days.

Right now my thinking is to do Delos and Mykonos on our own. I'm considering a private tour in Santorini and am mulling over a proposal from a local agent now.

As this will be our first ever cruise, we are also very excited about it. Although I've traveled extensively in Europe on land, my sister has never been there before. It's going to be great fun having her with me.

Chuck

Archived