OK, 100% Honesty Please...lol

I never attend the muster drills. I use that time to unpack my smuggled alcohol, get my shorts and ball cap ready for formal night, then I make a quick run up to the pool deck to save a deck chair for the next morning and let my unpottytrained baby take a dip in the pool!:D

Seriously, in light of the fire on Princess, I'm sure we can all see how important they are. It's just a few minutes of time, and you gotta love those goofy life jacket photos!

[quote name='joetrizeo'][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkred]As you do the muster drill and line up by your station, does Carnival specify and call out "Men in back, Women and Children in front!"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkred]I was on Costa and they did it that way. It was very surreal to be grouped with the guys in back, seeing the women and children in the front and being seperated from your family. Could not imagine if it was real.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkred]Is that normal or just Costa?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/quote]

Wow! They never did that on my 3 RCCL cruises. That would be weird!

[quote name='Curt Jerome Wild']P[COLOR=navy]S also how could you miss out on getting those cool mandatory orange life jacket pics?[/COLOR][/quote]

you mean this one???
[URL="http://community.webshots.com/photo/550992789/2564067180048684355NiOSLC#"][/URL][URL="http://community.webshots.com/photo/550992789/2564067180048684355NiOSLC"][IMG]http://thumb15.webshots.com/t/38/38/0/67/18/2564067180048684355NiOSLC_th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL="http://community.webshots.com/photo/550992789/2564067180048684355NiOSLC"][/URL]

Ok, let me be frank...

I am NOT suggesting that ANYONE skip the drill. It is a Coast Guard requirement and important for the safety of the guests and crew.

However, when I was C.D. I was not naive enough to believe that EVEYONE attended the drill... Especially when I was in civillian clothing (Not wearing my staff name badge), I heard many people, many times talking about how they did not go.

Now that I am not longer a part of the on-board staff of a ship (for now...), I was just curious about the extent of how much this was done, and for those who do, where they hide...

The Coast Guard does not require an actual roll call at muster, so it is impossible to know if everyone would attend... In fact, I am not sure how some cruise lines (listening to some of you on here) are physically able to do it...

Of course we had a list of passengers, but many people cancel at the last minute, and many simply do not show up for the sailing. Since many times the drill is performed while the ship was still boarding, it is impossible for each station to know exactly who would be there....

Again, I am NOT advocating that ANYONE miss the drill.

[quote name='IrishDolphin']this is starting to feel like some sort of cruise operations sting and we are all very close to being handcuffed (not that some of us mind that) :p[/quote]

Dang, I got chills at the mere mention of handcuffs, is that bad?? :confused:

[quote name='Stircrzy']Those who are "caught" trying to skip Muster Drill should be paraded around the ship on a sea day, wearing their orange life jackets...kinda like the kid's parade!:D[/quote]
Acutually, I think I remember this happening on the only one I was on that took roll call. This was on Princess and many many moons ago. (25+ years)

After our cruise drill on DCL which took roll and was real organized, I was real surprised at Carnival's drill which didn't and they only spot check the rooms.

Here's hubby's funny picture! Sorry so big and scary!
[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/debrouth/SafetyJim2.jpg[/IMG]

Okay....I always go on the drill. I have this lil thing I do. I carry wintergreen LIFESAVERS in my pocket all the time(been trying to cut down /quit smoking). Last Dec. I reached in my pocket for a LIFESAVER during the drill and my wife said "Give me one"....I handed her one. The person next to me asked if I had any more and I gave her one. The crewperson saw this and started cracking up so I gave her one. If you want to have some fun ...pass out LIFESAVERS before the talk starts.

Archived