Victoria- amenities at the dock?

Hello everyone!

Going on the 6/16 NCL Star to Alaska-can't wait! Anyway, I was just curious about what to expect at the dock in Victoria. I had booked a private carriage ride for four people but am worried about time constraints so I cancelled it (I'll be back in Victoria in a few months and will do it then). Question is, what amenities are available when we disembark the ship in Victoria? Will there be shuttles or taxis available to take into downtown? How long of a walk is it to downtown, Government street, etc? Since I've been to Victoria before and I'll be returning again in August, I don't want to feel rushed and packed like a sardine on an excursion. Any help/advice would be much appreciated!

Hey there I am a local from Victoria, but I do go down to the ships when they are in! They have shuttles that will run you into town! A cab would cost around 5 dollars. If you want to still do the horse and carriage tour I woudl really suggest just going to where they leave from it is right at the inner harbour on the left hand side of the Parliment buildings! I know you only hvae around 5 hours, but the ship docks maybe a 5 minute cabr ide from Goverment Stree, maybe a 15 minute walk! Have a great time!;)

Thanks for the info- Victoria is a really wonderful city (we had our honeymoon there in 2001 and are returning later this summer for our anniversary). I think we'll just take my parents to see some of the sights on our own without worrying about having an excursion planned. Good to know there are shuttles and taxis at the dock that we can utilize. I've seen Butchart Gardens and they are spectacular but my parents weren't interested, so we'll just stick in-town.

As you get off the ship you will be greeted by women and men in Victorian costumes who have FREE maps and info.Also right there they have bus shuttles that take you into town cheap but walk.It is only 10-15 min walk and it is through a nice and safe neighbourhood.

For those who want taxis or limos[who you set the price with] are waiting as the ship disemabrks.

There is a nice walkway along the water and a lovely park with flowers and ponds about 10 min away.Ask anyone for Beacon Hill directions.

Archived