Norwegian Spirit to leave New York permanently

Lotteryfan

Oh No! Say it isn't so! After spending a week on this great ship, and trying to plan another one on this ship as soon as possible, I read on the NCL web site that they are moving her to New Orleans effective next year.

Now I know how all you people feel on the west coast when they moved her from Seattle to New York. Maybe I should alert New York City officials to get involved.

Just goes to show you that all those honors and award plaques that the different city agencies gave NCL and the ship less than a year ago was for nothing.

http://www.ncl.com/news/pr/pr060606.htm

FYI, you may also want to see the discussion in this thread and this thread.

Oooops. Sorry about that. I looked on the first page of threads and didn't see anything listed about this. Next time I'll go all the way to page two...was wondering why nobody had posted about this considering the press release had been done two days earlier.

next time I'll make sure I'm awake when posting that early in the day.

Thanks for all your help CCers.

Oooops. Sorry about that. I looked on the first page of threads and didn't see anything listed about this. Next time I'll go all the way to page two...was wondering why nobody had posted about this considering the press release had been done two days earlier.
It's usually worth doing a search first, as page one often only has 6 to 12 hours worth of posts on it. If you'd searched for "Spirit" in "Search titles only", both of those threads would have come up. Scanning pages one and two often isn't enough. And I always work on the basis that CC'ers are sufficiently on the ball that if news is more than 12 hours old, it'll certainly have been posted here already! ;)

Archived