Favorite excursion OTHER than cave-tubing?

mommabean

It seems that cave tubing is the excursion of choice for most people on this forum. That makes me think there are a lot of people doing it at once, even with different companies.

Does anyone have another recommendation of what to do? Something they really enjoyed? And a nice description?

I will be in Belize in August and would prefer to not be right out in the sun the whole time "enjoying" the heat and humidity. :) But if you had fun sweating, tell me anyway.

Thank you for that suggestion. I went to your link which showed me to the belize cruise excursion link which I hadn't seen yet. All the links I've saved are the ever so popular cave tubing links.

I really do like horse back riding. I don't think my husband does but maybe I can talk him into it. With their limit of 12 passengers a day, it sounds really great. The pool afterwards is a nice way to cool off, too.

If anyone has any other suggestions, let's hear them. :)

Check them out if you get time. We did both tubing and zip lining and it was wonderful. The boys that run the zip line are very professional and take great care to make you feel comfortable AND safe.

If you spend the day in the rain forest, you'll be far more comfortable with the heat. Find a reputable company (either through Carnival or one of the recommendations on the board) though. Belize can be unsafe, but that's mostly due to the extreme poverty.

I am schedule to be in Belize in October of this year. Like you I wanted to do something that would get me away from ther "crowd". Since I like history I wanted to do a Mayan temple tour. I was confused however as to who to do the tour with so I posted the question. I got a lot of postitive remarks about this company, Belize shorex.com, and when I contacted them it was easy for me to decide on them. You should visit their website. They offer a lot of different tours and I like the idea of someone right there to answer all my questions and concerns (they have a chat line on their website). You should try them and let them help you decide which tour to take.

When you come back let me know how it went ok!

Hi Ma,

The Altun Ha and the River Wallace tour has good reviews as does the Baboon Sanctuary (really Howler Monkeys). Lamani is suppose to be good and I would zipline in a minute if Miss Ginger would let me. She says I'm too old for such things, but I may do it anyway. We have done the cavetubing and it is a blast.

My philosophy: You only live and die once. Why not make it today?;)

• 3 weeks later...

Have you been on those snorkeling tours snorkel_gran? I'm trying to find a snorkel tour that has easy access to the water. On their website (http://www.belize-paradise.com) it looks like their catamarans are modern, but do you know if they have steps down itno the sea for getting in and out?

I'd planned on taking this tour before but we ended up rescheduling our cruise (long story!) - hopefully I'll be able to go later this year tho!!

Thanks

Gene

Thanks Breezy,

I had decide to do the Altun Ha tour with belize shorex.com after I had read your post. I had contacted them, and I had decide on the Altun Ha ( mayan site ) and City tour sence that tour was only 3 hrs. complete, they had also mention that we will be back an hour before the last tender leave. So we will be able to do our shopping as well. I like that because my mother-in-law will be with us, and she is a little slow, so we will have enough time.

Did belize shorex.com offer u a 15% off your gift shopping? the lady I speek with Reena, she was very nice. we got that offer.

I looking forward for our tour in Belize.

I took the Land Rover tour that snorkel_dentist mentioned (http://www.belize-paradise.com) in june with my husband and we really enjoyed it. It has a nice mix of adventure (some 4x4 driving on dirt jungle roads), mystery (exploring caves) and nature (the river boat ride through pristine jungle and the walk to the caves). We we both impressed by how knowledegable the guides were and learnt a lot on this trip (including how to hold on going over the bumps!)

Lisa, Oklahoma.

We did the Altun Ha tour in Belize. I fine that the Mayan site in Belize are very unique. I went to Altun HA and my friends did the Lamanai tour with an other tour operater and we share our information at the end of the day. I found out that the ruins in Belize are different from the others I hear about. Altun ha was small but it has a lot of histry. Our guide said that he was one of the guys that was helping when they excuvate the site and found the large Jade Head. The temple 4 is on the belizean beer, that was very interesting for us. At the back where our guide took us there was a secoundary rainforest as well.

Belize will be my vacation stop next year. I had a goooood time.

Another vote for Lamanai.

The boat ride up the New River is fun and we saw some interesting animals- baby croc and Jaracana birds especially (and at Lamanai - howler monkeys).

The ruins are very interesting and jungley and our guide was good.

• 2 months later...

Archived