Kinda worried...Destiny and teens

loowho

I posted a question about teens coming on the 6/25 Destiny and got no responses... Then I think my almost 15 year old will be forced to hang with 12-14 year olds on the ship due to age restrictions in the Camps. Not cool! He'd rather hang with his 16 year old sister, at least at first. Was this the wrong cruise to bring teens on???:( Kinda worried now...

Why couldn't he hang with his sister?

There are lots of things to do onboard that aren't camp related. Many children of all ages never even go to the organized activities.

He (and you) will have a great time, I'm sure.

I posted a question about teens coming on the 6/25 Destiny and got no responses... Then I think my almost 15 year old will be forced to hang with 12-14 year olds on the ship due to age restrictions in the Camps. Not cool! He'd rather hang with his 16 year old sister, at least at first. Was this the wrong cruise to bring teens on???:( Kinda worried now...

I think it depends on when you are cruising. We were on the Destiny a couple of year ago - in February. Definately kids and teens on board, but not as many as in the summer or on break times.

Every cruise I have been on has had teen activities listed in the Capers. I truly do not remember what they were for the Destiny - that was an all adult trip for us.

The kids who travel with us have never been in to the Camp activities - so I'm no help there either...sorry :o

We will be going on our third cruise with our friends this summer. Our son is 15 and their two boys are 15 and 13. On the two previous cruises, the boys have not participated in the Camp organized activities but the kids have a way of figuring out where they will all hang out. I don't think your son will have a problem finding friends. We force the boys to spend time with us because otherwise we would never see them. Your family will have a great time!

Don't worry - but make sure that they both attend the orientation and first dance (the night of embarkation) so they can meet other kids! This is so important!

The first night, Ryan (14 1/2) went to the orientation and dance and met a group of kids. They would meet up after breakfast and play basketball, then go to the pool for a while, then go to the arcade. Really, the only activities they ended up going to were the dances each night (mostly to hook up with each other) and then they would go to the arcade or Lido deck to hang out. The two groups kind of merged because some of the 15 and 16 year olds would end up hanging out with the 14 year olds. We were lucky - it was a really great group of teens that didn't cause any problems and just enjoyed dancing, singing karaoke and hanging out.

We had several "check in times" and also did discreet checking up (you know, just a casual stroll on the Lido deck...;) ) to make sure he was behaving - he always was!

Don't worry - they will have a blast!

I am going on the destiny with 4 kids for the august 27th sailing and also have a 15, 14, 10,8 year olds. they won't go to the camp because they go to sleep-away camp during the summer. I also would like them to find other teens for them to hang with.

I am going on the destiny with 4 kids for the august 27th sailing and also have a 15, 14, 10,8 year olds. they won't go to the camp because they go to sleep-away camp during the summer. I also would like them to find other teens for them to hang with.

Sleep away camp and camp on the cruiseships can not be compared.

They formed an opinion on something they never experienced.. especially the young ones. each of your kids will be in their own group.

6-8 9-11 (which can sign themselves in and out) 12-14 and 15-17

First night there will be a camp orientation for the young ones..and a teen get together for the older kids. (for the teens this meeting is very important- tell them its mandatory if ya have to. THis is when the kids all meet up.

Camps on cruise ships are not like land based camps-- the kids pick and chose what activiites they want to do-- they dont have to stay the whol eentire time. They dont have to be there from the begining.

Look up some of Winnefreds posts-- he has an sampling of kid activities

We have sailed this week a few times from other ports other then San Juan There will be kids onboard-- just not many.

Did you try going over and posting on the rollcall board for that date and vessel?:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=259954

(Sorry if someone already suggested it....)

Archived