Aruba - Mother (50) Daughter (21)

rbuona

OK -- This is a trip for both of us. What's the most fun event to do in Aruba? We like catamarans; but don't want to do an excursion with a bunch of kids (sorry!).

depending on what ship you're on the catamaran excursion may not be with a bunch of kids.. is it during spring break?.. school vacation?..

Funny, I was just reading on another forum about 2 honeymooners who did a snorkel cruise on a cat and were not overjoyed by the open bar, rum punch and loud music. This is also not the type of experience we were looking for with our 10 year old. We also prefer small groups and have found that although they are more expensive, the boats which hold fewer people are more sedate. We had a fantastic experience in Barbados doing this, albeit for $100 per person.

For our trip in September, we have booked the Tranquilo http://www.visitaruba.com/tranquilo/ for the their southside lunch sail. $65 per person with a maximum of (I believe 8 people). I have only heard good things about their reputation.

OK -- This is a trip for both of us. What's the most fun event to do in Aruba? We like catamarans; but don't want to do an excursion with a bunch of kids (sorry!).

I just got back from a mother 47/daughter 19 trip on the Destiny a month ago. If you can, I would highly recommend the Silvermoon in Barbados for Catamaran. It was one of the best excursions I've been on. In Aruba, I would either do a beach day at Palm Beach or a half day jeep tour through ABC and go to the natural pool. We went on the Jolly Pirates...great snorkeling, we enjoyed it, but was a bit more crowded than I like. My daughters favorite was in Dominica....the Wacky Rollers Adventure Park and the river tubing....both were great.

I just got back from a mother 47/daughter 19 trip on the Destiny a month ago. If you can, I would highly recommend the Silvermoon in Barbados for Catamaran. It was one of the best excursions I've been on. In Aruba, I would either do a beach day at Palm Beach or a half day jeep tour through ABC and go to the natural pool. We went on the Jolly Pirates...great snorkeling, we enjoyed it, but was a bit more crowded than I like. My daughters favorite was in Dominica....the Wacky Rollers Adventure Park and the river tubing....both were great.
LOL...our "fantastic experience" in Barbados was also aboard the Silvermoon. By far the best cruise excursion we have ever done.

When we return to Aruba for a day on our cruise in December we will be spending the day on Palm Beach. Much cheaper than an excursion anyway. Unless you have a passion for fruity drinks ;)

Immn, would love to hear your opinions of Carnival vs Princess vs Celebrity vs RCCL. Are they posted anywhere???

Actually, we will be in Aruba next week on the Destiny.

So are we, on the Destiny leaving June 18th - Mother -49 (today), Daughter - 19 (20 in September). We we planning a beach day and then some shopping and Carlos N' Charlie's ( with me guarding her every move!!). The horseback riding was fun. We did that a couple of years ago.

Ha ha - we are booked on Silvermoon for next week and are really anticipating it as we have heard so many good things. We too are Mother/Daughter.

So are we, on the Destiny leaving June 18th - Mother -49 (today), Daughter - 19 (20 in September). We we planning a beach day and then some shopping and Carlos N' Charlie's ( with me guarding her every move!!). The horseback riding was fun. We did that a couple of years ago.

Good luck keeping up with your daughter at Carlos N' Charlies!!!

Immn, would love to hear your opinions of Carnival vs Princess vs Celebrity vs RCCL. Are they posted anywhere???

I'll be honest...I loved each cruise! There are so many variables, it's really tough to compare. It depends on who you go with....kids, friends, husband. Carnival definitely is the "fun" ship. Celebrity has no night life, but the service and food was the best. I loved the screen on Princess, but missed not having soft serve ice cream. The RCCL ships I've been on are stunning...lots to do! When I book cruises now, I look more at the itinerary. It's nice to at least go to a couple new ports. I have not been on a bad cruise....lucky me!! I'd be happy to answer any specific questions.

• 2 years later...

Archived