Did I do the right thing by changing flight times?

stitch78

Long post on the Carnival board, but basically we originally had a 9:30 AM flight leaving miami. The boat schedule was to arrive in port at 8AM. We paid $250 to change flights to a later time. Was this the best decision or should we have tried to make the 9:30 Am flight / fly stand by if need-be. We were flying to another city to continue our vacation, not home, so had hotel and car rental reservations in the next city for our trip.

If YOU miss your flight at 9:30 not only are you on the standby list, YOU would be on the bottom of the standby list. I fly standby all the time and the standby list is not first come first served. It has a order to it. And if it your falt you missed your flight, well there might be 2 to 10 or 12 people ahead of you on the list.

If YOU miss your flight at 9:30 not only are you on the standby list, YOU would be on the bottom of the standby list. I fly standby all the time and the standby list is not first come first served. It has a order to it. And if it your falt you missed your flight, well there might be 2 to 10 or 12 people ahead of you on the list.

and if you are on the list and another flight gets canceled, everyone on that list moves ahead of you on the standby list.

You did the right thing. I recently cruised Elation and was one of the early ones off the ship. It took me until 9:15 to get to MIA , there is no way that I would have made a 9:30 flight.

You definately did the right thing....we had an 10:45 flight after our Carnival cruise and we just made it. They give you the option of doing self debarkation where you take your own luggage and walk off I believe starting at 8:00. Well it is a big cattle call because everyone is doing that also. We were stuck in the elevator for a good 1/2 hour sweating to death because there were so many people in the lobby when the elevator arrived on that floor. Then you have to wait on line for customs and then make your way out of the terminal.

Archived