Hana & Luau sameday

MarkE

We want to do the Road to Hana tour and the Luau the same day. The time for return from Hana overlaps the time to leave for Luau. I called RCL exucursion desk and they said they did not know we would have to check with ship excursion desk staff. Will they drop you off at Luau on return to ship? Will it be to much in one day Hana is an all day event. Staff at RCL has no actual experience of being on the excusisons, they just read what the ad says.

We are doing the Road to Hana and the luau the same day. From what we have heard-- it takes about 6 hours to do the full loop- depending on how much you stop. We plan on going to the winery if we have time. We will leave for the road as soon as the ship gets in. Our luau is around 6ish. We rented a soft top jeep from discounthawaiicarrental for about $58 per day.

It truly depends on how much you stop. Last time I did the full loop, it took us 8 hours+. We stopped a LOT and went swimming so that may have been part of it as well.

Just remember that doing the road to Hana, with all the walking, swimming, hanging out in the sun, can be very tiring. I usually try to discourage people from doing the Road and a luau on the same day - not that it can't be done, but you're tired afterwards and I think it affects your enjoyment of the luau. Plus you're always worried about the time and trying to make sure you get back in enough time to change to go to the luau.

Spleen

Archived