priceline hotels in vancouver

bboopsie

I just got a good price on Westin Bayshore for Sept 16 and 17 06. The price is 112 and I was happy with that. I am still new and don't know how to do this I looked around to fine priceline thr5ead but couldn't remember where I saw it. I hope you will all forgive me.

I just got a good price on Westin Bayshore for Sept 16 and 17 06. The price is 112 and I was happy with that. I am still new and don't know how to do this I looked around to fine priceline thr5ead but couldn't remember where I saw it. I hope you will all forgive me.

Did you try to get it for less? Don't mean to burst your bubble, but quite a few of us got it for $60. We will be there on 9/1 and 9/17 and got both dates for $60. Of course this was several months ago, so that rate may no longer be available. There was a really good thread on this board telling how to do it for the Bayshore.

boopsie,

you did good. i used the preceding thread to give me hints to use

the bidding strategy for the Westin Bayshore.

I got it for $125 a night back in April for a July 1&2 stay. Although others

had scored it for $60 a night back in November, I did not know i would

be going on an Alaska cruise until late April, and so when I started the

bidding, I did not know if I would even get the Westin since it's a Sat. and

Sun night (peak time) but I feel very lucky to have gotten such a

great deal at $125 a night.

sure beats the $299 (CND) that they quoted on their site ($264 US)

Just was able to get Westin Bayshore for $91 + tax/ night for

July 20 & 21, 2006. Started at $60 and rebid at $75, $81, and

$91. Be careful doing rebids because there is a 4 star at the

airport.

Had one immediate rebid without the airport area to go and would have gone higher, but lucked out.

Wish we could have gotten one of the $60 deals, but was still

a great deal!

It is hard to compare accepted bid prices. Different dates have different prices depending on expected occupancy rate of the hotel for that night. Also, as mentioned above, the lower priced rooms might have already sold out.

In any case, before I bid on priceline (for anywhere) always check the conventional rates if I booked through normal sources. I also check www.betterbidding.com and www.biddingfortravel.com as well as check hotwire to see what they offer. That way I feel like I can bid from a point of knowledge and can usually get a good price. There is a lot of information on those two websites so don't get overwhelmed. It may take you a couple of hours to fully understand priceline bidding as they describe it but once you read and learn, you will save a ton of money and it will be easier each time you bid.

Archived