Valparaiso Tour Company

7SeasLover

We have gone with privatetours.com in Buenos Aires. Carlos was wonderful in answering all my questions over several days until we finally decided on what to do. They are picking us up at the airport, taking us to our hotel to drop luggage, then off on a city tour. They will take us back to our hotel to nap and freshen up then will pick us up for a Tango dinner show.

The next morning they will pick us up and take us to the flea market for several hours. Then back to our hotel to fetch our luggage and whisk us off to the pier.

Now I need recommendations for a tour company in Valparaiso. We want to be met at the pier, go on a city tour, and dropped in Santiago at the airport for an 8:30 p.m. flight to the US.

Any recommendations?

Here is the company we used in Valparaiso plus they arranged private shore excursions for all oft he other ports we visited in Chile.

Valparaiso Chile

Company – Terracota Excursions – http://www.terracotachile.cl

E-mail Maria at mabel@terracotachile.cl

Terracota Excursions actually arranged all of our Chile Tours and did a very good job. It made it much easier for me only having to contact 1 person for all of our tour needs in Chile

Ok, am I off base here? I booked a fabulous pre cruise tour with transfers in Buenos Aires. I can't recall the price pp. They said we can pay in cash at that time.

I bouce over to Valparaiso websites and the last 2 places (recommended here) want advance deposits. I have never given an advance tour deposit for any trip ever. Why are they asking for deposits?

I have a private tour in Rome and Naples (a different cruise of course) and they are not asking for deposits.

What's the norm? I just feel very uncomfortable giving $$$ up front. Am I off base?

Thank you! I'll contact them. Whew. I was feeling a bit strange not wanting to pay up front. I certainly don't bilk anyone! Thanks! (I suppose I could always just pay NCL to transfer us, but I'd rather support the local economy.)

• 2 months later...

Ginny,

I've been reading the boards and trying to learn.

I am interested in the tour that you have booked when you get to Buenos Aires. Do you recall the price of this tour? Is it just for 2 of you?

I also don't want to pay up-front - and usually don't have to. I think, once in Lisbon we had to guarantee with a check (how weird) and they returned it when we met them.

Where do you post about your SA cruise? I'd like to just read all the posts as I have a lot to learn and we leave Jan 20 07. (Just booked and have my research to do)

Thanks,

Carol

Archived