Armonia

ozzietraveller

• 2 weeks later...

Armonia is a full sister to Sinfonia, so reviews of that other ship will generally apply to Armonia as well. And the difference between Armonia and Lirica are small. Opera is rather more different, at least as far as the cabin configuration is concerned.

We sailed on Sinfonia in 2005 in the Med, and we loved it. We thought the food was especially good. Yet many reviews of MSC cruises in the Caribbean single the food out for particular criticism. I dno't know whether that's because it's different from what's normally available on caribbean cruises, or whether it isn't as good as other lines, but there does seem to be a different perception of MSC's operation in North America & the Caribbean, as against in Europe.

I have just returned from a cruise on Armonia doing Venice, Greek Islands and Dubrovnik.

Good points: Typical modern cruise ship, very clean and well maintained. Service was very good as was the food. Although Italian, English speakers were catered for very well and it didn't feel 'foreign'. Prices of drinks were reasonable but only bottled water (chargeable) was served at meal times. You can buy various drinks packages (mainly wine, water and soft drinks, I think) which give you a 30% discount on standard bar prices.

Bad points (subjective, I know): Too many children and always around, even at the late shows. Seems to be very much a family holiday for Italians. Too casual for me, I only noticed four other men wearing dinner jackets/tuxedos at the Captains Gala Evening (lots with jackets but no tie and I even noticed one wearing tee shirt and shorts). Dining room always seemed a bit noisy but you get used to it.

General: Meal times were 1st sitting 7 p.m. and 2nd sitting 9:15 p.m. Coffee is not served at the end of the meal.

Conclusion: If you like kids and a fairly informal cruise, this is the one for you.

Thank you for the report. Just ask for a 'jug of water with ice' and you will get it in the dining room. If one justs asks for water you will only be offered bottles. Also with coffee/tea ... ask the first night and it comes auto thereafter.

Archived