Miracle Review Part 2 (page 1) Luggage

halos

I had this all done and I Lost it.

Have to retype. UGH!

(will submit as pages)

OK...so we are in our cabin waiting the luggage. Most of it was there but we were missing one item, my small suitcase with toiletries. YAH!!! The cart is coming down the halll...but, what is that ODOR???

YUK

It seems that getting to the NY port early was not a good thing for my luggage. I am assuming that because ours was there way before everyone else got there that the rest of the 2600 passengers luggage was put on top of mine and caused things to break because the girl wheeling this cart looks at me an says..."I tink something break inside."

No Sh*t.

The suitcase was wet...very wet. We opened it op and stepped back as the odors hit us. A whole bottle of my DH's cologne was smashed. The bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release (which was brand new and unopened) was now down to about 1/8 of a bottle. And to add to this mess, my tube of Noxzema exfoliating face scrub had burst from the back of the tube, squirting this gritty scrub all over, mixing with the Downy and the cologne to form a sudzy, very strong smelling mess.

CRAP...check the other suitcases to make sure the bottles of Asti didn't break!!!!!!

Whew.....booze is intact. Life is good.

Yes...from now on this will be carried on board. This was the first time we drove to port. Had I flown I'd have never checked this luggage, I don't know why I thought checking it at the terminal would be safe.

It could have been worse. The suitcase was left on the balcony to dry and the stuff that broke was unimportant.

I thought the stuff would be safe. Two of the things that broke were in plastic containers (the one was a tube and the contents were squished out from the back of the tube!) so I'd have never thought to wrap them...who wraps plastic?? ...the glass bottle of cologne was inside my DH's small leather shaving bag which was then put inside the suitcase. I thought it would be OK. I was wrong.

I hope others learn from this...I sure did.

You need to sue the NY Port Authority, the Stevedore's Union, Carnival, CLIA, The individual porters, The City of New York, Fincantiri Shipyards,

Your TA, The company that made your car. And the EPA and the Hazmat team that wasn't there to handle this dangerous chemical concoction.

Oh, Yeah, All the product mfg's too.

Or just go on another cruise and fagedaboudit.:D

Dan

Dan,

Didn't even have to fuggedaboudit...It honestly didn't bother me all that much. I DO like the idea of going on another cruise though....that is always a good idea!!!!

We had such a great time. I really hate being home.

This is the first time EVER that after 7 days away I was NOT looking forward to my own bed. It killed me to get off that ship.

We took a tour of the Norweign Crown a few weeks ago and was able to check out the luggage holding area. The area that those porters stow the luggage AFTER it leaves those safe cages....what a mess. After seeing that I can now know what caused the mess in your suitcase. But it the future take those bottles of stuff and transfer them to smaller plastic bottles. Im sure you didnt need a whole thing full of down release. or the Noxema. Take what you need and leave the rest. That way if sopmething breaks...it wont be that much of a mess. Sorry to hear that.

serene,

The downy is in a small bottle with a spray nozzle...I needed to keep in in that container. Other people have brought it aboard with no difficulties...just my bad luck this time.

In the future I won't bring it because it didn't get the wrinkles out of my DH's shirts anyway :eek: But that's OK...he just kept his jacket on the entire evening, which was nicer anyhow. ;) As far as the other plastic bottle of Noxzema...I shouldn't have to transfer something from one plastic container into another....it seems silly. It was a small tube to start with.

next time I'll just NOT check that particular bag...OR I will make sure to wrap things inside towels to give a slight cushion. (although in this particular case, I don't think it would have helped)

This was the first time something like this ever happened to me. I have seen the way baggage handlers toss luggage around for air flights and nothing has ever broke when I have flown....this incident probably will never happen to me again, and I don't think it happens too often. I just really believe that a LOT of stuff was piled on top of this bag and that's what made everything inside 'squish'. Like I mentioned before...we were one of the first families at the port...there were probably 3,000 other bags put on top of ours before they were loaded onto the ship. Actually, now that I think of it, this bag was too big to use as a carry on anyway. I think the carry ons have to be 11 inches or less to fit through the X-ray thing and this bag would not have fit through. I just have to be mor ediligent when I pack in the future!! :)

Anyway...it doesn't matter. It honestly was not that big a deal. It actually was a bit funny...although the smell was a bit cloying :eek:

Archived