European Boarding Questions

missyal

We are sailing the Freedom Med. next year. Ship leaves port at 7:00 p.m.

What time can we board?

What time is muster drill?

Is dinner in the formal dining room that night( how do they work out early and late seating?)?

Thank you in advance.:D

Missyal

I can answer two of your three questions, with a guess about the first. This was based on the notes I took from my last August Liberty sailing

I would guess you can board fairly soon. I believe John said that they have everyone off by 9:00am. Their disembarkment is nice in Europe as there isn't the hassle of immigration. You boarded in the European Union and stayed in the European Union so there is no need for that. Passengers are let off the ship as their luggage tags are called.

Dinner for us was in the dining room the first night at 6:30 even though we had the early 5:30 time. Dinner happened right after our mustering at 6:00. The dinner times on the European cruises are staggered as to what time each seating was due to the amount of times in port. You'll need to check the capers to be sure.

For example the day in Naples, the dinner times are 6:15 and 6:30 for early, and 8:30 and 8:45 for late. Venice and the sea days was 5:45 and 6:15 as well as 8:00 and 8:30 for the late.

You're welcome. Ater I posted the information I believe I read that the embarkation time listed for Europe was 11:30. I'm not sure about that since we took the Rome at a Glance tour.

I've got the Freedom planned for next May.

Archived