Multiple Carnival Excursions

spartanbear

When in Grand Caymen we want to do 2 excursions they are both through carnival but only 15 minutes apart. It will allow us to book them on line but we are worried about whether or not we will make the second one.

For a short excursion ( 1hr long Sea Trek) Do they only do it once a day? There was not an option for picking times. :D

Hi, Carole Ann...welcome to the world of cruise junkies! :D

My suggestion, after several experiences, would be to contact local operators and book directly. Do NOT buy them on the pier, because you don't know what you're getting. A little research in advance will help you find reputable operators and most are very flexible and understanding. They know you only have a few hours to see it all. The chance of being able to make two excursions that are 15 minutes apart (arrive/depart) is pretty much nil. And, no...they typically do not offer multiple times in my experience.

If you go to cozumelinsider.com, there are ads for operators. Many times, these same companies are the ones who get contracts from the cruise lines. They just run separate trips...one for the cruise guests, one for everyone else. Write down some names and research on these boards to see who might have had experience with them. There are lots of good operators!

You will save a ton of money that way, too. My family and I were in Cayman last week and used an excellent operator, Moby Dick Tours, for our Stingray City excursion. They were very affordable ($35/adult, $30/kid, free for 4 & under) and very personal. If you had seen the ship excursions that were there at the same time, the boats were PACKED with people. We had a place to sit, shower, change, try on equipment and were even able to sit up top with the 'skipper' for the ride! Had we booked through the Carnival excursion system, it would have cost $45/person for a total of $180 for all of us. We paid $100.

Hope this helps! Have a wonderful, wonderful time and relax!:p

Archived