Cuban cigars in Grand Turk

navywife06

Hi all,

I've done a search on this and couldn't find any information, so this is directed to those who have visited Grand Turk.

I'm interested in cuban cigars and understand that they are legal to buy there, but can't find a link directing me where I can find them.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Just a reminder that yuo will not be able to bring them back to the US with you.

On our first cruise I remember the CD telling everybody that had pucrhased them that they were illegal to bring back and that he would see everyon that evening on the aft where they would and could smoke them, he also invited all the Canadians to join them, yes they are legal in Canada, but they were debarking in the US LOL.

My dh and I smoked a cuban on Cabbage Beach in Nassau - it was our second, our first being in Niagara Falls, Canada side

Our side of the story, I didn't want to dirty beach, so cigar went into the beach bag (half smoked), totally meant to throw away, seriously - we didn't think about it until we got home - it sits on my desk right now, I am soooooo glad i didn't remember in line for customs, OMG :eek:

Guest LetMeGo
- it sits on my desk right now, I am soooooo glad i didn't remember in line for customs, OMG :eek:

I wonder if you will be so glad when they trace your IP address, and you get a friendly visit from the FBI, ATF and CIA... :D

I was on a cruise to Cozumel leaving out the port of tampa .....i bought 4 Cohiba cigars and forgot i packed them ....didnt have a problem ...matter of fact I think im might sit back and smoke one right now......

The restaurant in the Bohio resort had Cuban cigars but they were pricey; $10 and up per stick IIRC. I'd feel confident they were real as fakes would be spotted and damage their reputation.

The restaurant is closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays though.

They can have all the bands that say "Made in Cuba" but it does not make them Cuban.

In the normal course of commerce - Tobacco merchants trade. So when they trade the tobacco leaves between Haiti, Jamanica, DR and Cuba the original contend can be blended or pure. It doesn't matter the location the cigar is wrapped - a good Haiti cigar can be a Cuban leaf. If you must have the hands of a cuban do the rolling - go to Miami.

Fakes are all over. You can get a "Cuban" cigar in Costa Maya for $15 for 5, or $10 if you have you eyes closed.

The bottom line is - If the cigar is good, then it's good no matter where it is made. Enjoy it and be happy. :cool:

If you must have a Cuban cigar then go to Havana - but probably not on this vacation but someday maybe.;)

J

Thanks for all of the info. I had seen the bohio resort site and they mentioned having Cuban cigars, but wasn't sure how accessible they are from the dock. Were they easy to find?

The band removing is a good idea. If it should happen that my husband is bowled over by them, a few might lose their bands....

I always bring back several with me. Have never had a problem. I just put them in my pocket or my carryon. I don't smoke maybe once or twice a year so I have several in a drawer for later. I'll probley bring some more back in Sep. I don't think you'll have any problem unless you try and bring back several boxes. Just enjoy them. I don't see that much difference in them except to say you have a cudan........

Thanks for all of the info. I had seen the bohio resort site and they mentioned having Cuban cigars, but wasn't sure how accessible they are from the dock. Were they easy to find?

The band removing is a good idea. If it should happen that my husband is bowled over by them, a few might lose their bands....

Bohio is about a mile north of Cockburn Town. Just follow Front St. till it ends then stroll a few hundred yards up the beach. It should take about 20 minutes at a steady pace.

Do a little research first. There are certain sizes of certain brands that have mass produced fakes out there. I unfortunatly read this after I bought one of them on my honeymoon 10 years ago. It told me the exact brand and size I bought...LOL

Just brought a couple Cubans back from Nassau-no problem bringing them in-plus you get to feel like an outlaw for the day. I think that just as long as you don't bring back a case of the things with the word "CUBA" in big letters , you should be ok:)

Enjoy,

KOS

there are much better ways to acquire Cuban Cigars in the US. Smoke what you get and if you are serious about cigars get info about acquiring Cubans' here http://www.cigarfamily.com/cf4/index.cfm or here http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/Home/

In most "tourist" stops (excluding visits to Casa de Habano ) you are more than likely to not get what you pay for.

I am a serious collector and smoker.

Archived