1st time to Bahamas, what to do/visit?

Hybrid93Hatch

Hello,

Me and my fiance are taking a 3 day trip to Grand Bahama Island in July. This will our first visit to the Bahamas.

I am looking for hotel suggestions, restaurants, and what islands to visit.

Are the islands different as far as cleanliness of beaches? Basically want to visit so called "paradise" where I can see crystal clear water, white sand, and sip a drink while enjoying the view.

We plan to rent bikes to ride around, maybe parisail, view some nature, and basically relax. Would like a nice hotel/resort in the $150 p/night range.

Thanks for any help!!

Hello,

Me and my fiance are taking a 3 day trip to Grand Bahama Island in July. This will our first visit to the Bahamas.

I am looking for hotel suggestions, restaurants, and what islands to visit.

Are the islands different as far as cleanliness of beaches? Basically want to visit so called "paradise" where I can see crystal clear water, white sand, and sip a drink while enjoying the view.

We plan to rent bikes to ride around, maybe parisail, view some nature, and basically relax. Would like a nice hotel/resort in the $150 p/night range.

Thanks for any help!!

In grand bahama island (Freeport).. the nicest area to stay is Our Lucaya, check their website.. the Sheraton or Westin,, great pools right on the beach.. across the street at Port Lucaya you can catch some snorkel tours, dolphin encounters, etc.. the best location in GBI

• 2 weeks later...
Do you recommend the Sheraton or the Westin? Whats the main differences in the two? Do both off the $10 guest pass? Thanks for your help.

What exactly is the $10 guest pass? Do you guys have a recommendation for a site to book the rooms (for hopefully the cheapest rate)?

I have been researching the hotels in Grand Bahama Island. I am a little confused about "Our lucaya - Westin & Shearaton". When I search the images I see the large white hotel complex >> HERE <<

Is that the Westin or Shearaton?

How far is the airport (freeport) from the picture above?

Any other recommendations for booking the hotel as far as view (would like the best beach view with sunset, lower or upper level, etc....)

Thanks for any help!!

Archived