Too early or too late...

w0209666

I have only flown once and it was years ago (I was a child and did not pay attention to how much anything cost.) I am wondering if it is better to book a flight way in advance or if I should wait and see if deals come up. In other words, when is the best time to book a flight??

thanx, jamie

this question is always a tough one. i have always gotten better prices by booking early but that is just me and it doesnt always happen that way for others. go to the '' cruise air '' link here on cc and you will get a better idea of what others are doing for their flights.

good luck in you hunt for a good price. another peice of advise is too make sure you have enough time in between flights to get through the airport too your next gate. sometimes you end up with only a 1/2 for the next flight. that is cutting much too closely for me. i would rather be

'' watching people '' waiting for my next plane rather than seeing it take off before i get too the gate :eek: .

It also depends on what airport you're flying out of and how many airlines and flights there are to pick from. Our airport is small, so I book air right after I book the cruise (about 6 months in advance.) If I lived near a larger airport, I'd have more flexibility.

I have read on this board that Tuesday night at midnight is the best time to check on flights. That's when they put out their deals and they only put out so many per week. When those are gone, the prices rise again.

Archived