Pride in 24 hours sun

T&T Vikings

I suppose it's fun and interesting the first couple times one can see a midnight sun, but try living with it - on a lucky day, I'll get 3 hours sleep.

Our next sunset isn't until 20 August :( .

p.s. It's 29ºF (-2ºC) and snowing now. Ahhh, June... :rolleyes:

Hi,

I know what you mean, I was there some years ago, ---fore a first timer its breathtaking, but I was actually mostly thinking of being onboard enjoying life in add I know Nelson in skybar is serving no snowball !

In ad to this, I should say Pride is now turning to a more hot clima in Scandinavia.. its 27 dgr.C - 81 F. in Copenhagen:)

We're on the Pride now. It has been a very good cruise in general, but we have seen no sun since our magnificent departure through Tower Bridge in London.

Right now we are going through very heavy seas on our way to Bergen. Last night there was a considerable amount of water damage on board. The forward suites had broken windows and flooding. We are in a french balcony suite on deck 6 and had water cascading down the inside of our sealed french doors from the deck above. That water damaged the wiring that controls the automatic locking of the french doors by the captain.

Earlier this morning the captain announced that there substantial damage but did not mention whether or not anyone has been hurt. Since a great many of the passengers are in their 70s and 80s, I sincerely hope that everyone is OK.

We're on the Pride now. It has been a very good cruise in general, but we have seen no sun since our magnificent departure through Tower Bridge in London.

Right now we are going through very heavy seas on our way to Bergen. Last night there was a considerable amount of water damage on board. The forward suites had broken windows and flooding. We are in a french balcony suite on deck 6 and had water cascading down the inside of our sealed french doors from the deck above. That water damaged the wiring that controls the automatic locking of the french doors by the captain.

Earlier this morning the captain announced that there substantial damage but did not mention whether or not anyone has been hurt. Since a great many of the passengers are in their 70s and 80s, I sincerely hope that everyone is OK.

Hi,

I sincerely hope You and everyone onboard the Pride is okay.

Being a Scandinavian we know the Norwegian Sea and Skagerak can be very tough in winter and sometimes when hard vind is coming in from west!

At least you are now heading south towards sun and butifull temperature, right now ( Copenhagen )it is 21 C. = 70 F. dgr. and the sea is carm in the sea Oeresund betwen Denmark and Sweden.

But ! I hope you

OH NO not my Pride..... hope it will be dried out by Nov :p

JDRMYS,

I hope my good friend Miss A. is O.K.~~~her suite is on Deck 4, midship with a window so hopefully she did not have water damage. If you see her today, please tell her I inquired as to her well being.(also I miss her!)

Hope everybody is doing well today~~~

Miss Pride Lady surely has had her misfortunes this year~~~but she's a "stout-hearted" and courageous/brave vessel and will continue to endure and survive!

Sail on~~~and have a super fine time!

MB

According to the captain, we are back in sheltered waters until 9:30 tonight at which time we will run into some high seas again. Obviously, this is beyond anyone's control. In the meantime, our suite is usable and we took long naps today to make up for our interrupted sleep last night. The Constellation lounge is closed and tonight's formal night and farewell cocktail party have been postponed. The crew has been quite dilligent in trying to make as many repairs as possible. Except for a very dirty window and some wet and dirty carpet our suite is in good condition. As far as we know, no one seems to have been injured, thank goodness.

The captain now tells us that we will be only 2 1/2 to 3 hours late in arriving in Bergen. The morning tour of Bergen has been cancelled, but everything else seems to be on track.

We have had a wonderful cruise, but I do think that Seabourn has to look into the watertightness and plumbing of deck 6 on this ship. Besides the flooding into our suite last night, there have been buckets in the deck 6 corridor throughout this cruise to catch water from dripping ceilings. Unfortunately, this wonderful ship may be showing her age.

Martitia B,

We are travelling with a friend who also has a suite midships on deck 4. She had no damage to her suite except a little water backed up into her bathtub. I expect that your friend was equally lucky. My guess is that the damage was largely confined to deck 6 and to forward facing suites.

that could be, but the sailing ship to the right is interesting, wonder if it is one of the Windstar ships.....

On my Amazon cruise on the RSSC Mariner (50,000 tons) I did not get off the ship in San Juan and they brought a fuel barge next to the ship for a fill up. Talk about watching paint dry..... :eek: that was a long process.....

that could be, but the sailing ship to the right is interesting, wonder if it is one of the Windstar ships.....

On my Amazon cruise on the RSSC Mariner (50,000 tons) I did not get off the ship in San Juan and they brought a fuel barge next to the ship for a fill up. Talk about watching paint dry..... :eek: that was a long process.....

Blackbird71

The sailing ship is belonging to the Norwegian foundation Statsraad Lemkuhl the ship bears the same name, it is one of the oldest big square-riggers afloat.

Blackie, Also docked and visiting Bergen today are: MSC Rhapsody and the Costa Magica.

For your Desktop: "Where is My Ship" site:

www.cruisecal.com

This is a very helpful, "at a glance" site. Also, I use their webcams.

Martita

Martita,

very helpfull site, it brought me back to wonderfull memories onboard some of the ships.

The Pride is scheduled to depart Bergen at 6 p.m. (11 a.m. Central Time) I'm wondering if indeed she'll leave at 6 because of her late arrival.

Think I'll go to "Blackie's" website and spy....

The Cruise Calendar is truly a wonderful and very helpful site. I'm glad you enjoyed it. (save it oin your desktop)

MB

The Pride is scheduled to depart Bergen at 6 p.m. (11 a.m. Central Time) I'm wondering if indeed she'll leave at 6 because of her late arrival.

Think I'll go to "Blackie's" website and spy....

The Cruise Calendar is truly a wonderful and very helpful site. I'm glad you enjoyed it. (save it oin your desktop)

MB

I have been spying allready,but unfortunally the camera has moved its focus and it is a bit dark.

I believe it is 10:00pm Pride will leave Bergen

T&T

We left Bergen at 10PM. It was a beautiful evening sailing out through the Bergensfjord.

This morning the plumbing system has gone wrong and we can't flush our toilets. Frankly, the Pride looks beautiful but is not in good shape. For the first week of the cruise there were buckets along the deck 6 corridor to catch leaks from the ceiling. Then, during a heavy rain storm, water cascaded down from the ceiling into our suite. I've been in much worse storms at sea and have never previously had water come in through a steel bulkhead. Now the toilets are not working.

We would not come back on this ship until we were assured that she had had a complete structural overhaul. This is a wonderful ship with wonderful crew and she deserves to be better cared for.

Archived