Cave Tubing with Bad Knee

Sunner06

A couple of weeks ago I dislocated my kneecap :( - it's not the first time I've dislocated it. I'm concerned if I'll have any problems with the cave tubing excursion (climbing, jumping, etc.). I have about 4 months before we leave on our cruise so I'm hoping to have it strenghten by then.

Thanks

There is a 30-40 minute hike through the jungle before you get to the river. It's really not a difficult walk. As long as you have time to heal your knee, I think you'll be fine. But if your knee is giving you difficult as you get closer to your sailing date, I wouldn't advise it.

We just did the cave tubing with X-stream and it was wonderful. I would caution you though, given the nature of your injury. There is a two-mile walk to the first of two cave entrances... so even if you only do one cave, you are in for a bit of a treck through the rain forest. The tubing itself is very VERY mild, unless the water level is low... then you may find yourself having to walk through the shallow portions of the river.

As others have said, the walk to where start point for cave tubing is easy, but it does include going up/down some steps, fording the riser, going up the river bank and then going down a steep incline to get into the river. Therefore, I would wait to book and see how your knee is doing closer to your cruise.

Archived