Phone Cards for use on NCL Dawn

We are leaving on the NCL Dawn this Saturday, 6/17/06:) Does anyone know if we can use prepaid phone cards to make calls from the Dawn while at sea, and if so, is there an expensive surcharge? Thanks for any help you can give us.

Sure you can use the phone card and pay for the phone card in addition to the 6.95 per minute from the ship but why would you want to? 800 calls are charged at the same 6.95 per minute.

Thank you for your help. It certainly doesn't make sense to use the phone card with the shipboard charge tagged to it! But what about cell phones. We have the international hook-up with our cell phone company but will they work on-board? Does the Dawn have its own charges for cell phone use? We were thinking that it may be better to bring our cell phones, but use them only when we are in port.

I have Verizon and on most of the Ports that the Dawn goes it has worked. When the Dawn is doing the Florida/Bahamas run it probably worked more than half of the cruise. In Bermuda my verizon works at .69 per minute. Some of the NCL ships have a cell tower that works out at sea for about $2.00 per minute. But frankly when I am out to sea I turn my cell phone off. I don't want calls. I check occassionally when I am in Port were my cell phone works.

We were on the Dawn on 5/27-6/3 and I have Verizon. The only place Verizon had a signal was in Bermuda. My son has Nextel and didn't have service the entire trip. My sister-in-law and others had Cingular and they had service the entire trip!! So it depends on the carrier. hope this helps:)

Archived