2-16-07 Statendam NZ/AUS

Markandrews

My partner and I did a nine week Pacific Rim cruise last Fall during which we visited 5 cities in Australia. I posted the dates of our visits in the various cities on several gay websites and also sent emails to gay people listed on the sites asking for advice about sightseeing. Unbelievably, in every city people offered to meet us and show us around. It was fantastic. Met wonderful, hospitable and very friendly guys who showed us so much in the very short amount of time we had in port. For further info, you can contact me at voyageurx729@yahoo.com

We too agree with Voyagerx, Aussie's are wonderful, hospitable, and friendly people (also New Zealanders), who also took us around sightseeing, in Sydney and in Hobart, Tasmania.

Since you are starting in Aukland and finishing in Sydney, we strongly recommend that you spend at least a couple of days in each city....so much to see!!!

We did an unusual and unfogetable excursion on our own in Melbourne that was highly recommended by our new found Aussie friends. There is a Tram/restaurant (a Victorian stlye single railroad car) that takes you around the city and into some of suburbs while you dine on 4 star food and unlimited wine. Yes, it's pricey, but sooooo worthwhile. http://www.tramrestaurant.com

It would be lovely to do this tour by night but unfortunately you won't be in port late enough for the dinner tour. I don't know if today, they offer lunch tours everyday, but when we were there 2 years ago it wasn't a problem. This is a VERY popular tour and you must make reservations far in advance, at least 3 months ahead of time.

If you have any more questions, just ask away.

J & K

My partner and I did a nine week Pacific Rim cruise last Fall during which we visited 5 cities in Australia. I posted the dates of our visits in the various cities on several gay websites and also sent emails to gay people listed on the sites asking for advice about sightseeing. Unbelievably, in every city people offered to meet us and show us around. It was fantastic. Met wonderful, hospitable and very friendly guys who showed us so much in the very short amount of time we had in port. For further info, you can contact me at voyageurx729@yahoo.com

Thank you for the information. I will email you for the sites. The guys on the sites I have been using have offered everything but tours.

We too agree with Voyagerx, Aussie's are wonderful, hospitable, and friendly people (also New Zealanders), who also took us around sightseeing, in Sydney and in Hobart, Tasmania.

Since you are starting in Aukland and finishing in Sydney, we strongly recommend that you spend at least a couple of days in each city....so much to see!!!

We did an unusual and unfogetable excursion on our own in Melbourne that was highly recommended by our new found Aussie friends. There is a Tram/restaurant (a Victorian stlye single railroad car) that takes you around the city and into some of suburbs while you dine on 4 star food and unlimited wine. Yes, it's pricey, but sooooo worthwhile. http://www.tramrestaurant.com

It would be lovely to do this tour by night but unfortunately you won't be in port late enough for the dinner tour. I don't know if today, they offer lunch tours everyday, but when we were there 2 years ago it wasn't a problem. This is a VERY popular tour and you must make reservations far in advance, at least 3 months ahead of time.

If you have any more questions, just ask away.

J & K

Hello J & K,

Thanks for replying. Because of my work schedule we can only spend two extra days on each end of the cruise.

We both think the Tram sounds wonderful. I am going to email them tomorrow, hopefully they will already know the lunch/dinner schedule for Feb-07.

Archived