Explorer GS with connecting door

I just booked the Explorer for July 2007 to Bermuds. I booked a GS and an interior for the kids across the hall. I used to book connecting JS and D1 Deck 9 but the kids are hardly in there room anymore!

Anyway the only set up they could find was a GS that had a connecting door to another GS. Does anyone know what I will lose re: wall space? It looks like there is a TV where the door would go. Thanks for any info you may have....

Teresa :)

We had this set-up on the Mariner last spring with our kids in a connecting D1. I would think that the two ships are similar. Not sure what the "normal" GS setup is, but we had the tv against the wall between the two sets of balcony doors/windows. We had a full sofa and two chairs - nice seating area. Don't think we lost anything, and if we did we didn't feel it.

Hi. We just got off the Explorer with two connecting Grand suites (1260 and 1264). The only change with the 360 picture views from the RCCL site is that the TV is moved to next to the bar and the connecting door is between the balcony door and the sofa. You lose the extra end table. But it seemed to work great and I didn't notice anything was missing until you asked. You still have a coffee table in front of the sofa and two extra chairs facing the sofa. It worked great for our group (me, DH and DS in one room and DS and my mother in another). Quite a lot of room. Any more questions, let me know.

wendy

Archived