Here's something I didn't think about - ha ha

We are traveling with my son who will be 13 months during the cruise. We have a D1 so we will have plenty of space, but it will still be a shower:confused:

I guess we need to get him used to being in the shower with one of us before then. I mean, since we can't just let him go in the pool and get clean:p :p . Darn those age resrictions:D

It seems like the shower head was on one of those hoses. You could take a generic rubber plug or just bathe him standing - wet, soap, rinse. That's what I used to do in the RV with my non shower loving girl.

Our first cruise my daughter was 5 and hated showers. That is how I was able to talk my DH into a nicer room (with a bathtub) and a balcony. The balcony was so that when she went to bed early, we had somewhere to enjoy the ocean and have a drink.

Have fun!!

You may have to guage your needs by your son. My thirteen-month-old isn't standing independently yet, so the showerhead in hand suggestion wouldn't work for us. If your son stands alone, you're probably right in believing that he can just shower with one of you. (Just keep in mind that a soapy baby is a slippery baby. <grin>) If, like my son, he doesn't stand yet, you'll probably want to go with the inflatable pool suggestion. We picked one up at K-mart (for summer swimming--the cruise we're taking him on in November is in a JS) for only about $6. It's small and light when it's deflated and it's so cheap that I wouldn't feel bad leaving it behind when we depart.

I'm not sure if this is your thing or not but zolowear sells a mesh sling that is meant for pools and showers. He could be in it while you or your spouse shower and get clean that way. Would that make him more comfy?

You can always bring a small inflateable pool, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B00007E9B9/ref=dp_product-image-only_0/103-3260096-9405442?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=171280&s=toys

we have this one and have brought it before, but there are even smaller ones that will fit in the bathroom.

That pool might be good for my 9-month old, Logan (see avatar) during the hot summer months.

I own a baby sling for the water. You can find them online. I stick the 20 month old into it and we hop in the shower together a couple times a week (he's a little guy). I also use it for the pool (no, not a public pool. A kiddie pool outside our house. He's still unsteady).

They are made of mesh and it's hands free so you can soap them. I love it.

Thanks so much everyone!!

I had never heard of the sling or the blow up bathtub!! Both of those sound like real options we can experiment with in the meantime to see if they will work:)

We are definitely thinking of the blow up pool for the balcony too. My ds LOVES water and playing in pools and there is no way he is going to go for being on a huge "boat" and not being able to get into any water.

Don't worry lurkers, we promise not to empty the pool by tossing the water over the side of the baloncy:p

I have two boys and each took their first cruise at 14 months. We had a bathtub in our cabin for my youngest son when he was 14 mos. so that wasn't an issue for him but we did have to find a way to shower with our older son on his first cruise.

We simply took him in the shower with us. My husband would hold him and I would assist in soaping and rinsing - which was easy with the hand held shower heads. We worked really fast and had him in and out of the shower in no time flat! We were on a voyager class ship so we had the round shower enclsures and didn't have to contend with the shower curtain.

Enjoy your trip!! We loved the trips when our sons were 14 months - everything was new and amazing to them - it made entertaining them very simple!!

Archived