Cost of taxi to West Bay Beach

CanesFan

Hi,

I'd like to hire a taxi to take my family (4 people) to West Bay Beach. Not interested in hiring someone for the day, just a simple taxi ride.

How much should I expect to pay? Will there be a problem in getting a taxi back when we are done at the beach?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Expect to pay about $20-$25 for a taxi ride to West Bay for 4 persons.

Most of the better drivers (Who speak english and have road-worthy A/C'd vehicles) are waiting for those cruise ship customers want to do whole-day Island Tours.

Getting a taxi back to the dock could be a problem, as only a few taxis hang around in West Bay looking for fares (at it's quite a distance from the beach to park). The best place to catch a taxi is at any of the West Bay resort parking lots.

The price going back should be cheaper...as little as $15 USD.

Unfortunately, as per the RULES for this board, I am not allowed to offer ANY ways to get in touch with me, nor mention my services in any POSTING.

I am allowed to offer advice and comments only.

Thanks for your understanding.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I'd like to hire a taxi to take my family (4 people) to West Bay Beach. Not interested in hiring someone for the day, just a simple taxi ride.

How much should I expect to pay? Will there be a problem in getting a taxi back when we are done at the beach?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Check this article out before you spend $20.00-$25.00 each way.

http://www.roatanisland.net/cruiseship.htm

Last time I was in Roatan I ended up with a taxi for 1 to West Bay where the taxi driver waited and watched my stuff (and sat and bs'd with a buddy or two) while I went snorkeling to my heart's content and walked up and down West Bay including along Tabyana. He then drove me to West End and we went driving around there for a while and then a little more touring on the way back to the ship.

I gave him $40 and thought he was about to do cartwheels, so I guess I paid too much. Of course, his English was about as bad as my Spanish, but we got along just fine. He had a little paperback book with some info in English on Roatan and would point to whatever we were about to pass. Not a first class tour, but I had fun and preferred giving money to the person providing the service.

I'm thinking he would have been delighted with $30 or maybe less, but for $10, I'm not going to worry about it.

Archived